Wednesday, 17 August 2016

Morning and welcome to WOYWW

Morning all,

I am still trying (somewhat desperately) to keep up with my plan to use as many snippets as possible and what better way than to use them to make ATC's?


My ATC using no less than five snippets - YAY!
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of linen effect black self adhesive paper adhered to my ATC blank
  • Snippet of 300gsm watercolour paper which had been smooshed with brush's, water and silver pearl acrylic ink
  • JOFY  (JOFY09) circles image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • JOFY (JOFY09) stylised bud image stamped on to a snippet of white card  using Ranger Archival jet black ink before colouring using Sharpies (new stash my hubby bought me earlier this week, having spotted the offer in Tesco's), including the background
  • Paper Artsy Fresco glaze applied to image panel and left overnight to dry
  • Fiskars "SMILE" sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink on to another snippet of white card, coloured with sharpie pens and fussy cut out before running through my Xyron sticker maker to apply dry adhesive to the entire surface




I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Take a word - August 14th challenge - CIRCLES
  2. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 325 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafty Boots - 15th August challenge - ANYTHING BUT A CARD
  4. Through The Craft Room Door - August 16th challenge - ANYTHING GOES

Yesterday my car was in for service, I dropped it off at the garage and my hubby picked me up .. we nipped across to Hobbycraft. Well, actually, I nipped in to Hobbycraft and he nipped in to Maplins, frankly, I think he would rather stick pins in his eyes than accompany me CRAFT SHOPPING! I went in for a small box canvas and came out with some card blanks too, as Hobbycraft had them on Buy One Get One ½ off - which made them very reasonable. I decided to make some 10cm square cards this Christmas .... they always look so cute when I receive them!


My card
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The back of my card and the inside
Materials used:
  • 10 x 10cm white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of red card cut to 9cm square
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 8½cm square
  • The Design Company Santa image stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • My Favourite Things sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Stardust stickles and Wink of Stella glitter brush pens to twinklify Santa's beard, shoes, gloves and the stars as well as ground him!




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Craftbubble2½ (membership required - July/August challenge - PEOPLE CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS
  2. Christmas Card Challenge - challenge No. 36 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES with an OPTIONAL twist of brown
  3. Crafty Hazelnuts challenge Extra - August challenge - ALWAYS ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  4. Merry Mondays - Lori's Christmas in summer Link Up - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  5. ABC Christmas challenge - August 17th challenge - "Q" IS FOR QUICK LAYOUT

And now for a sneaky peek at the mess which is my work space .. someone once told my husband that a cluttered desk is a sign of genius ... something I've PLAINLY taken to heart!

CLUTTERED? YES ........ GENIUS? I don't THINK so!
And a view of some of my tools/materials too

I'll be entering this desk over at WOYWW #376, where I'm entry No. 14



39 comments:

SARN said...

Oh, how cute is that Xmas card . . . I love it. Such a jolly Santa + The sentiment just sets it off perfectly. Def a sign of genius if ever i saw one!

Fab little ATC too. Great snippets buster. Xxx

glitterandglue said...

Morning Kathy. It would have been so very inconsiderate of you not to pop into Hobbycraft while hubby went into Maplins, now wouldn't it?! Great bargain on the card blanks - and a good fun Christmas card already made. Well done. I like the bright cheerfulness of the ATC. And I simply LOVE the concept that an untidy desk reveals a genius - I'll live with that any day!!!
Take care. God bless.
Margaret #6

lilian said...

Great ATC love the colour and it made me think of a sunset,

Love the card, That image is so sweet,

Happy WOYWDW

Lilian #16

glitterandglue said...

Hi again, Kathy. Thank you - yes, the stairlift is currently functioning - probably better than it has for some months. I think John should probably use the seat belt now, as the speed has improved so much he could be ejected at the top!! :-) Qwirkle (sorry, spelled it wrongly in the post) is a great fun game using shapes and colours - looks a bit like a scrabble layout when done. The more tiles you put down, the more points you get - complete a run of 6 and get bonuses... we had a fabulous meal and a great fun game!
Margaret #6

Annie said...

Thanks for calling at mine all ready. Love the cards you've made and well done you with the bargains at the craft shop :-)
Have a great week.
Hugs,
Annie X #13

SusanLotus said...

And you are using them well!
Great idea by the way.

Happy WOYWW to you!
Susan Lotus nr 20

June Macfarlane said...

Oh I am loving your work space. Love your idea to use scraps for atc's too. Think i might follow you on that idea.
Thanks for the lovely welcome Kathy. I have been blogging for a long time on my Dezinaworld15 blog where my art, challenges and free images are. But my new blog is brand new and my first ever 'personal journal' blog. I am thrilled to have you as my first follower on that one. Thank you so much.
June xxx

sandra de said...

There is a definite genius in the card making and I think the desk shows creativity full steam ahead.
sandra de @11

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, great buy on the card bases. Love the Christmas cards, so much fun. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #8. xxx

Barb said...

Hi Kathy, I love your Christmas card. He's a great Santa image. A super ATC and well done using up more snippets. They seem to breed at night don't they. Barbxx

Pat said...

Two great makes Kathy I love the pretty ATC using the Jofy stamps, and then that delightful Santa, beautifully coloured and with a fabulous touch of sparkle and that elegant larbe sentiment. Your workspace might look cluttered but you do gave a place for everything which is perfect. x

serendipity said...

Love the strong colours of your ATC, your snippet pile must be getting about mole hill size by now, fancy starting on my mountain?? Love your dancing Santa, what a great card, so cheerful.

Caz said...

As I haven't kept to my resolution of starting my Christmas cards by July this year, I think I must try and get at least one done for WOYWW next week as people are putting me to shame now! LOL!
Love the cards - I must pop over to ur Hobbycraft - that's a good buy!
Happy WOYWW
Caz #28

Dee's Craft Room said...

Wonderful ATC, such fabulously hot colours and lovely design. Your little Christmas cards are very sweet, lovely CAS designs.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boot Challenges.

Dionne

Kath said...

I love the colour and design of your ATC and the Santa card is so cute!
Kath x

indybev said...

I love the strong color in your circles ATC. Thank you for sharing your talent, and participating in our challenge this week!

LisaDV said...

Great ATC and Christmas card. I love the photo effect on the art supply photo. Have a fantastic and blessed Wednesday! LisaDV #26

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oooooh! Gorgeous work Mrs K. Lx

Helen said...

wow, you've had a busy time! love the JoFY stamps (you know I'm a big fan.) Yes, the wedding was lovely. Oh to be young and beautiful!! Helen #2

Lunch Lady Jan said...

You made me laugh! My hubby always goes into CEX when I nip into Fabricland 😃😃😃
Hugs, LLJ 3 xxx

Monica said...

Your words about your hubby and craft stores really apply to my old dear also. he'd sooner fix the plumbing than and exacto knife!. you work is very lovely and using little scraps for ATcs a very good idea. I LOVe that card. you are so very organized.
Monica #41

Christine said...

I'm banned from Hobbycraft! PJ says so!! lol
Love those cards, good thinking to decorate the back and the envelope, love it.
Have a good week and take care
Christine
aka Bishopsmate #40

Stacy Sheldon said...

I love the little square Christmas cards :)
Thanks for the earlier visit, ~Stacy #44

I had to laugh that your hubs did not want to see the craft store up close, mine goes in sometimes I think with hopes that I will buy less if he is with me and then turns around and pays for it all haha.

Stacy #44

Debs M said...

ooh love that Santa = great makes x

Julia Dunnit said...

Well you'd have to carry me before I'd willingly walk around Maplins, so we're all the same but different!! Love the Christmas card design, I must say I use a lot of the 10cm cards, particularly the Kraft. I struggle with big cards, perhaps I should really practice before I find the 10cm ones too big!

Lea.H said...

Great ATC and I love the christmas card! Lea 49

StampedbyChris said...

Your ATC is really nice. The Christmas card is super cute.
Hugs,
Chris P #25

Angela Radford said...

Great card samples and I really must start my Christmas cards. To be honest I am quite pleased my husband doesn't come with me for craft shopping as he might well distract me. Thank you for the visit to mine and the lovely comment. Happy woyww, Angela x 15

Neet said...

What a delightful blogpost Love the Christmas card, such a lovely image, sort of cute but not too cute. Very eye catching!
Love the burnt orange colours you have used on your first piece - really eye catching.
Hugs, Neet 5 xx

Ozstuff said...

I love your richly coloured, striking and beautiful circles which fit so well into Take a Word challenge.

BJ said...

Love the snippets and Christmas cards, very busy desk! btw I never have a sock problem as I bag them before washing, well the small ones that is! Thanks for visiting me BJ#24

Susangail Powell said...

You're right - those square cards are adorable - I may have to give them a try. I love the CAS design on yours - thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

laurie said...

Such a cute Santa! I love the star banner. Thanks for joining us at The Christmas Card Challenge!

Marit said...

I love the photos of your cluttered desk! ATC's are indeed a great way to use up paper scraps and such, your ATC looks real nice! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Happy, belated, woyww and have a great weekend. Hugs from Holland, Marit #22

Mandy LaCroix said...

GREAT Christmas card!! I just love it -- perfect design.
Thanks for sharing it over at Christmas Card Challenges!

Nikki C said...

Oh I like that christmas card and love how you stamped everything else to go with it :)
It's tough to use up all the little bits we get left over with but it's fun to try and I've been making ATC's too ... turned into pocket letters perhaps
Happy WOYWW Late
hugs Nikki 10

CraftYourPassion said...

Just love the rich,glorious colours.Super ATC and a cute Christmas card too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Theresa Pace said...

lovely warm atc. great use of scraps. cute christmas card too. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx

Samantha said...

What a great quick layout and love the image too!
Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
hugs Samantha :0)