Thursday, 25 August 2016

Welcome to Rudolph Day

Morning peeps.

I know I don't normally post on a Thursday but I DO like to participate in Rudolph Day and this month that's on a Thursday ... this was a really quick card to make but there was drying time involved with both the paint and the stickles - nice for a change though, AND it's another Christmas card towards my 2016 quota - YAY!

My card
And a closer view of the sparkle
The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope
The inside of my card and front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 10cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 8½ cm square
  • Two pieces of black card cut to 9.1cm square
  • I brayered Luna lights and Ranger dabber in pearl over one panel of white card and allowed it to dry
  • Once dry Chocolate Baroque snowflake and My Favourite Things sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Stardust stickles to highlight, including tracing the sentiment to really twinklify it!

 


I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Scraps of Life - August Rudolph Day challenge - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  2. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 326 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Crafting by Design - August 24th challenge - GET READY FOR CHRISTMAS
  4. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 208 - HOLIDAYS
  5. Creative Inspirations - challenge No. 256 - CHRISTMAS IN AUGUST

22 comments:

Kath said...

A fabulous card, love all the glitter and shine.
Kath x

Debs M said...

love the twinkle, great card x

NGCARDS said...

This is a fantastic Christmas creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations this fortnight! xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Very pretty and very festive. Well done matey. Lx

SARN said...

Love the background and the over-stamping. Top job mate.
Happy Rudolph Day xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love the gorgeous background on this wonderful card and the decoration of the back and the envelope too.

Sue xx

Pat said...

This is beautiful Kathy and the texture and colours with the dark snowflakes against the pink is so pretty. x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love the background you have created here. You've changed your profile pic too! Have a good day Kathy. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Robyn Oliver said...

Great cards Kathy, I always admire those who make matching envelopes...never remember to do this myself

Tanya Matthews said...

I love your card and envelope Kathy, Tans xxx

Sue - said...

Lovely sparkly card Kathy!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

This is such a lovely card and I like how you've used non-traditional Christmas colours, the pink looks great. I love the bold sentiment too. Sandra :) X

Kathleen said...

Stunning card, love the black and pink for a Christmas card.

Kath x

Donna said...

Beautifully done, Kathy! Love those gorgeous snowflakes! But I hope they don;t come too soon. LOL! Thanks for playing along with Rudolph Days!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what an elegant and beautiful creation...love your background and the way the sentiment just shines through
Rudolph days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

Gloria Lee said...

Your card is absoutely stunning! Love the shiny glitter!
Thank you for joining us at Rudolph days challenge this month! xx

scrappymo! said...

Love the inky beauty of your card! Perfect with your pretty snowflakes.

Jean said...

A super shiny Christmas card, I love the twinklified greeting.
Jean x

Joan said...

LOvely card, love the brayered background and the sparkle and shine

Bonnie Taylor said...

Your card is so beautiful and elegant. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion. We would love to see you again!
~ Bonnie DT

Emma Sims said...

Such a beautiful card. I love the envelope you have created too. Thank you so much for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Emma - DT

Helen Gullett said...

Fabulous card with decorated envelope! Love the snowflakes :)
Thank You for playing along with Addicted To Stamps and More - Holiday Challenge

- Helen Gullett -
DT Member