Sunday, 23 February 2014

Morning and welcome to a sunny Sunday

Morning folks,
 
How's your Sunday coming along? Wasn't yesterday nice? Well it was in our neck of the woods and my fingers are crossed that it was for you too!

A little crafting to share with you this morning, the challenge over at CAS on Sunday (a fortnightly challenge) is to make a masculine card and here's mine ...
 
 

 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Off cut of white card ever so NEARLY square so I went with it and matted Kraft and black card with it.
  • Unknown image (unmounted rubber - had it for years and no idea where I got it from - sorry) stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Gold, Silver, Caramel and Ice Grey Pro Marker alcohol markers, blown through an empty pen body to create the splatters!
  • Kaisercraft sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black ink

Now the above card uses a technique I knew about but keep forgetting ..... take the outer from a cheap biro (like a bic) and an alcohol marker and blow!! It's a lot of fun but might leave you a little light headed - ventilated areas only, fellow crafters!

And, because I used an off cut (snippet), albeit a large-ish one, I'm going to enter it for the weekly snippets challenge over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop and hope the lovely Di doesn't disqualify me!! Wish me luck with that! And a new challenge for me, Cardz4Guyz where their current challenge is CAS! Perfick!

Have a great Sunday

21 comments:

cheryl Baker said...

oh hun brilliant CAS card love that stamp and the splatters you have added adds super texture love it hugs Cherylxxxx

Debs M said...

I keep forgetting about that technique - need to find an empty pen first - great card! x

scrappyjacky said...

That image would be absolutely perfect for my OH.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fab card Your Purpleness! Great technique and it works beautifully with the motorbike image. Triffic!

Lx

scrappymo! said...

This technique works so well with this great image. What a wonderful masculine card!

Irene said...

Kathy, your card is absolutely brilliant and what a great image too. I LOVE the background technique - must try this.
luv
irene
xxxx

Julie Beech said...

Thanks for leaving such a kind comment about my cake card Kathy, thought I would pop over and have a look at your blog.Love your CAS bike card,know what you mean about the light headed bit! It would be great if you could join in our CAS challenge over at Cardz4Guyz, http://cardz4guyz.blogspot.co.uk/.
Cheers. Jules x

Sally H said...

What a wonderful card, Kathy. Love the bike stamp and the background too

MaryH said...

Vroom, Vroom! Hi Kathy, what a nifty guy card. Loved the biro technique - never tried that. I've read about blowing ink with a coffee stirrer, but not tried that either. You just reminded me. I like the colors you've chosen for this card too...very sports illustrated. Well done. TFS & Hugs.

Hettie said...

Great card Kathy. Love the image.
Have a good week!
Hugs
xx

Cazro said...

Hi Kathy, so pleased you found us, at Crdz 4 Guyz, thanks to Julie. I am in love with your card, saw the blowing with a pen yesterday on TV, reminded me of the technique. The results are amazing on your card. Fabulous CAS and masculine. Caz

Janice said...

Perfect CAS creation. Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guys!

Brenda Brown said...

Great blown ink pattern to go with the image making a fabulous card. Have a great week xx

Lesley Thomas said...

Great card for the men in your life Kathy, and I too hope you don't get disqualified1

SARN said...

I am LOVING this male card Oh Hyperventilated One! xxx

Kathyk said...

lol! Sarn!!!! Of course, I HAVE a hand spritzer for these things but pro markers won't fit in it!!!

Kathy


(see what I mean here) .....
http://www.joannasheen.com/craft-supplies/promarker-fine-nibs-blender-pen-and-misc/colour-spritzer-the-perfect-airbrush/

Miranda Mols said...

You're card is great too, sooooo masculin!

Di said...

Great card Kathy - the sense of movement is brilliant! I have a 'huffing' bic case here too :) And your snippet is absolutely fine - no real limit on size - just watch Mrs A stagger in with an A3 snippet now!!

Hugs, Di xx

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant image you can see the speed and love the splatters
carol x

Jean Straw said...

Fabulous masculine card Kathy. A great stamped image, I know someone that would be perfect for.
Jean x

Kimbo said...

That's a great stamp and I love the biro technique. Thanks for playing along at Cardz 4 Guyz this week x