This morning I'm leaving my hubby on parcel duty as I'm off out meeting up with a crafting buddy over coffee! I shall be meeting Lilian at our local coffee shop and TRYING to resist the home made cakes - wish me luck with that!
Been cracking on with mail art but felt I needed a CAS project in between and this seemed kind of perfect as it filled the CAS bill, was a sketch challenge over at Stamplorations (I DO love a sketch) AND added another Christmas card to my quota!!!
- 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
- Off cut of white card die cut in to a plain circle to fit my image
- Red card die cut in to a fancy circle, for matting
- Scorpal tape and gilding flakes
- Inkadinkado Santa image stamped on to plain circle using Memento tuxedo black ink
- Inktense pencils and a waterbrush used to add colour
- Stardust stickles to add twinkle!
- Stamplorations sentiment stamped on to base card using Memento tuxedo black ink
Here's a close up of the gilding flakes and, below that, the sketch I used, you will note that I turned the sketch upside down but I believe this to be acceptable - hope so anyway! Can't believe I managed to squish up the end of the tape (probably as I was removing the paper! - didn't notice until I'd added the gilding flakes - grrrr, don't you hate it when that happens?) however, I'm still liking the finished card - how about you?
|Sketch challenge #6|
|Envelope #2 - FRONT|
|Envelope #2 - BACK|
- Post it and low tack tape to mask off the area for the address
- Dylusions inks sprayed: bubblegum pink and sunshine yellow and blotted with paper towel
- Images: Kaiser craft "crackle", "chequer", "bubblewrap". Visible Image "splatter", "ink blot", Paper Artsy Sprig of foliage, sentiment, splatter
- Inks used: Memento rosebud, potters clay, rhubarb stalk. Brilliance rocket red gold. Versafine onyx black. Color Box gold
|Oh My!! Looks like it needs a tidy ... AGAIN!|