Wednesday, 19 February 2014

Welcome to What's On Your Work Wednesday

Morning readers
 
How's the weather with you again today? It's true .. we Brits are OBSESSED by the weather and we've had plenty to talk about for what feels like a real long time! Yesterday the sun shone for a couple of hours but the dark clouds didn't disperse but, it never rained!! SURPRISED? Me too!!! HOWEVER, and this is an important fact in our house .... hubby was able to fly outdoors yesterday, for the first time since Christmas - Yee Haa!! He was as happy as a could be,  he even managed to meet up with a few buddies whilst there, improved his demeanour no end! Got my windows cleaned too - first time since Christmas that our lovely window cleaner felt it was worth coming out for!!

This morning I'm leaving my hubby on parcel duty as I'm off out meeting up with a crafting buddy over coffee! I shall be meeting Lilian at our local coffee shop and TRYING to resist the home made cakes - wish me luck with that!

Been cracking on with mail art but felt I needed a CAS project in between and this seemed kind of perfect as it filled the CAS bill, was a sketch challenge over at Stamplorations (I DO love a sketch) AND added another Christmas card to my quota!!!




Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Off cut of white card die cut in to a plain circle to fit my image
  • Red card die cut in to a fancy circle, for matting
  • Scorpal tape and gilding flakes
  • Inkadinkado Santa image stamped on to plain circle using Memento tuxedo black ink
  • Inktense pencils and a waterbrush used to add colour
  • Stardust stickles to add twinkle!
  • Stamplorations sentiment stamped on to base card using Memento tuxedo black ink

Here's a close up of the gilding flakes and, below that, the sketch I used, you will note that I turned the sketch upside down but I believe this to be acceptable - hope so anyway! Can't believe I managed to squish up the end of the tape (probably as I was removing the paper! - didn't notice until I'd added the gilding flakes - grrrr, don't you hate it when that happens?) however, I'm still liking the finished card - how about you?


 
Sketch challenge #6
 
 
Anyway, here I am, back again, with some more mail art ..... envelope #2, remembering that the theme is "Bright and cheerful" and it doesn't come much brighter than this colourway! .......
 
Envelope #2 - FRONT

Envelope #2 - BACK
 
 
Materials used:
  • Post it and low tack tape to mask off the area for the address
  • Dylusions inks sprayed: bubblegum pink and sunshine yellow and blotted with paper towel
  • Images: Kaiser craft "crackle", "chequer", "bubblewrap". Visible Image "splatter", "ink blot", Paper Artsy Sprig of foliage, sentiment, splatter
  • Inks used: Memento rosebud, potters clay, rhubarb stalk. Brilliance rocket red gold. Versafine onyx black. Color Box gold
 
Have a great Wednesday, I shall leave you with a piccie of my work desk which looks (for a change) like someone took the pin out of a grenade and then tossed it at my work area. It DOES get tidied but (being so small) doesn't take long to get messy all over again!

Oh My!! Looks like it needs a tidy ... AGAIN!

 
 

9 comments:

Lilian said...

Kathy,
The card from the sketch is great, Love the santa image,
The enverlope is really bright and chearful. That will bring a smile to the face of the posty.
Hugs
lilian

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the mail art Kathy, and your Christmas card too. When you have tidied your desk, do you fancy popping over to do mine for me?

Lauren Hatwell said...

You HAVE been busy. Great interpretation of the sketch and I have to say I'm LOVING the mail art.

Have a great time with Lilian and say hi for me.

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

You're soon going to have all your christmas cards made!!

Louise said...

another awesome mail art. A great combination of colours and I love the stamps you have used.

Debs M said...

great mail art Kathy x

monikaskinner said...

Love the Santa image and the gilded stips. Great interpretation of our sketch. Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations. There is also still time to join into our February Stamps & Stitches challenge. Good Luck! Monika (DT)

Deepti said...

Lovely card with the Santa image and I simply love ur bright n fun mail art :)

Hettie said...

Colourful projects today and hardly a drop of purple among them!! Love that mail art! That would certainly cheer me up if I saw that in my post box. The C card is great too.
Hugs
xx