- ATC blank
- Iridescent medium
- Hero Arts brushstroke heart image stamped in Hero Arts neon pink and green inks
- Versacolour orchid ink
- Distress Ink in squeezed lemonade (how I WISH I had stuck with my original thought to use picked raspberry but .... the benefit of hindsight is a wonderful thing - now, if ONLY it had been FORESIGHT!)
- Faux crystal gemstones
And then, as if that wasn't bad enough - I simply HAD to fiddle and YES, I managed to make it EVEN worse - hard to believe? Then just check it out ...
Further Materials used:
- Stencil and purple glitter embossing paste
OMG! I was ALMOST too embarrassed to post it on my blog but I sometimes feel like I should share my disasters as well as my triumphs ... after all, we've all made doozies like these, haven't we? or IS it just me?!?!?!?
Well, you might have guessed from my discomfort that I wasn't happy with this (REALLY??!??!) .... so, before heading to bed I slapped two coats of gesso on to the ATC and slept on it.
Further additional materials used:
- Distress Paint in picked raspberry and weathered wood "swiped" across the ATC
- IndigoBlu "coffee rings" stamped using Hero Arts neon pink
- Wax rub ons used (green and red) to highlight those embossed areas
OK, I THINK I'm done now - going to step away from it now - QUICK - before I have to return to the TWO COATS OF GESSO method!!!! It wouldn't have been so bad after all, the incoming materials really weren't bad - right up to the moment I started working with them!!! You know what? I think that if I had simply done the faux mother of pearl technique and then used a pink base the n the mark I version might have been fine - it's all about design choice ......... WOW! That was what I call a challenge!
Enough of that, it's now SEVERAL hours later and I'm definitely calling it (the ATC above) DONE and moving on ..... I thought I would get back on the horse, so to speak, with another ATC ......
|Thank goodness it turned out better!|
- ATC blank
- Black, lime and grey card snippets
- Kaisercraft "bubblewrap" image stamped using Hero Arts neon green ink
- See D's sentiment stamped using Adirondack bottle green ink
- Magenta foliage stamped multiple times using Adirondack pesto ink
- Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied - to seal the water based inks
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
Have a great weekend