Saturday, 14 February 2015

Hey Hey, it's Saturday!

Hello and welcome to the weekend, hope you have plans.
 
Me? Well, yesterday saw me heading off to see my physio ..... and I ALWAYS feel like I've gone ten rounds with Henry Cooper immediately after but about a million% better the following day so, I'm expecting miracles later today! Not that I had a huge problem, no - that was at Christmas but it sort of levelled off and I kind of left it ........ bit it's still there (niggling away) in the background. Since I'll be driving loadsa miles this coming weekend I thought I should make it a priority to get it sorted beforehand.
 
How far am I driving and why? 175 miles .... to Rotherham, for Craftathon 2015 and I'm looking forward to it - just so long as it doesn't decide to SNOW! This will be the FIFTH year we've had Craftathon and each one has been a success; we've covered Accrington, Bristol, Hereford and Rugeley and this year we're heading back up north to Rotherham. I hope you will all stop by on Monday Feb 23rd and check out some pix!
 
Anyhoo, here we are at Challenge Day (sorry, Saturday) and I have a few challenges that I try to enter regularly ....
 

My One Layer Card

And my co-ordinating insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Distress Inks: worn lipstick, spun sugar and picked raspberry "smooshed" on to a craft mat, spritzed with water and then "picked up" using an acrylic block and pressed on to my card blank, dried.
  • Docrafts "Love" sentiment stamp stamped using Memento rosebud ink
  • Clearly Inspired "rose" image stamped using Versafine crimson ink
  • Imagine That sentiment and Versafine smokey grey ink (for the insert)
I've got several of these wordy sentiments and I think that I might have to get them out and make a couple along the same lines but using different colours and images - whaddya reckon?

 
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. Simply Less Is More - "LOVE" and this week it's a One Layer Card challenge too!
  2. CASology - "Love"
  3. Cute Card Thursday - "Perfectly Pink"
  4. In the Pink - challenge #62 "Love is in the air"
  5. Sweetstamps - "Pink, white and ONE other colour" ...... in my case - crimson
 
 

23 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

As I suspected, it's simply smashing. I particularly like the insert actually. The rose is so pretty with just the writing over the top.

Top job matey. Good luck with the challenges.

Lx

Debs M said...

great card - hope you are feeling less beaten up today x

Viv's Visuals said...

Fab card Kathy!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Oooo, it's fabulous, a very beautiful one layer card. Safe travels sweetie!

Love
Maarit

Sid said...

Beautiful card !!

Lesley Thomas said...

Pretty Card Kathy - do take care on the long drive too. Enjoy your day.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastically gorgeous as always Kathy and your attention to detail on the envelopes is always something to admire too. thanks for sharing and taking part. Enjoy the craftathon ... sounds like a lot of fun.
Sarah
Less is More

Jane Willis said...

Really beautiful, and so interesting that two of us have used the same technique. I love the way you've made the insert and envelope to match, it makes the card really special
Jane

Jan Ltc said...

This is great. Happy Valentines day. xx Jan

Joyce said...

Very sophisticated. Love the idea of the insert. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

SARN said...

Oi! Where did my comment from yesterday go? I deffo left you one. Blogger has eaten it. Grrr.

Well, what I said was something along the lines of how much I LOVE this card and you made me want to try this technique out again. (Which I did, but not as successfully as YOU!).

Safe journey to and from Craftathon.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

SARN said...

Oi! Where did my comment from yesterday go? I deffo left you one. Blogger has eaten it. Grrr.

Well, what I said was something along the lines of how much I LOVE this card and you made me want to try this technique out again. (Which I did, but not as successfully as YOU!).

Safe journey to and from Craftathon.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Glittertastic said...

This is gorgeous - those stamps work together perfectly and I love the matching inside and envelope as well

Sharon
x

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Kathy, have fun at your Craftathon
Thanks for joining our love challenge
Anne
Less is More

Anne said...

Gorgeous card Kathy, have fun at your Craftathon
Thanks for joining our love challenge
Anne
Less is More

Lynne said...

So pretty Kathy, fab card.
Lynne xxx

Gerrina said...

What a beautiful combination! Both stamps look great in red! Have a fun week, Gerrina

Carol said...

A gorgeous one layer card Kathy,love the stamps. Carol x

Chrissie said...

This is a particularly super one Kathy, the envelope is fab too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Susan said...

Beautifully done! I really love that you made a coordinating envelope!

Rebecca Bradshaw said...

This is so gorgeous, what a beautiful design! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at In the Pink!
Rebecca.
x

Linda said...

Gorgeous! I love the matching inside and envelope. xx

Deb said...

Gorgeous card! Love the flower on the outside, inside and even on envelope.

My Card Site: Creative Heart Designs