CAS rules - Clean and Simple design with one focal point, lots of white (or open) space and minimal layers and embellishments
And here's my make for this challenge:-
|My "Embossed" card complete with lots of "white" space|
|And the co-ordinating inside and envelope|
|And a closer view of both styles of embossing|
1) heat embossing
2) embossing paste/medium
|First choose your colours and apply randomly till you're happy|
|After flicking with water it still looked a tad garish for use with my|
intended images so I thought I would break out a technique I
first used in October but which also appeared in the February issue of
Craft Stamper as "Bokeh" technique
|So my trusty die cutter, a thick piece of acetate, some circle dies and I became acquainted|
Once I had my homemade "stencil" I set about using it with gesso to "mute" my panel ...... mm NICE
- 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
- Snippet of white and black card, for matting at 1/16" with my perfect layering ruler and craft knife
- Distress Inks and blending tool
- Thick acetate die cut with circles of four sizes
- Blending tool (with fresh foam pad) and gesso
- Penny Black "brushstroke tulip" stamped using Versamark ink and the wondrous Sparkle 'n Sprinkle "Agatha" embossing powder (looks black or gold depending on the light)
- Magenta foliage stamped across the top using Memento London fog ink (but it doesn't really show up in the photograph, sadly)
- Stamposaurus stencil through which I applied Imagination Crafts Sparkle medium embossing paste in "diamond" making my 2nd form of embossing
- Clearly Besotted sentiment stamped on to the base card using Ranger Archival onyx black ink
I'll also be entering my card for the following challenges:-
- Allsorts Challenge - "Flower Power"
- Sister Act - "Anything Goes"
- Polkadoodles - "Flower Power"
- Southern Girls - "Sparkle and Shine"
- CAS on Sunday - "Flowers"
Have a great evening and I hope you will find both the time and inspiration to enter this challenge too!