Friday, 13 March 2015

Second post Friday

Hi there
 
I know, I know, you readers aren't used to seeing a second post from me in a day these days but there IS a reason for this and I hope you will read on and then leave a comment - I LOVE to read your comments. I DO understand that not all of my work is going to appeal to you all of the time and appreciate the time you take to leave me comments. If you've just stumbled across my blog post and wish to see my earlier post (complete with its two journal pages) then please feel free to follow this link
 
I have YET another journal page to share with you today as I am recently returned to art journaling and now wish to complete this A6 journal in order to crack on with the "big girl" journals I have waiting in the wings. I fear I am not yet brave enough for the A3 journal so kindly given to me by a pal - but I'm working on it!

Anyhoo, I was taken by a challenge set this morning and went to enter one of my journal pages published at 08:00 this morning ....... THEN I read the rules (ALWAYS read the rules!!) which clearly state that only the project you wish to enter should be featured in the post so I thought I'd best make another journal page and a second post ...... so, NOW you know why there's a second post from me!
 

Here's how it finished
Here's how it started

And a close up of the journaling

And a close up of the detail

Materials used:
  • A6 moleskin journal
  • Kaisercraft music script image stamped numerous times using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Ranger Distress Paints in seedless preserves and mustard seed
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped randomly using Versacolour raspberry ink
  • JOFY boulder border stamped around the edge numerous times using Ranger Archival sepia ink
  • Inkadinkado circles image stamped numerous times using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Inkadinkado "in the groove" image stamped twice, once on to the journal page and once on to white card which I then cut out and attached using Ranger Matte gel medium
  • TCW stencil with Adirondack watermelon ink sponged through
  • Computer generated journaling printed on to white paper, coloured with Distress Paint in mustard seed and seedless preserves (to match the background) and adhered to page using Ranger matte gel medium.
  • Black "F" thickness pitt pen used to draw a border around the journaling and add the date
  • Pentel paint touch white pen to add detail to the boulder background
 
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Craft Stamper - Make it take it March challenge .... "Anything Goes" but should feature stamping.
And for those of you wondering how we got on with the wonderful Riddick walking exercise earlier .... we survived and so did he!!

 
 

5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Yahoo! Great page and I LOVE that sentiment. It really made me laugh. It's SO true :oD

Glad to hear all went well with your dog sitting exercise too.

Lx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Sorry, forgot to say GOOD LUCK WITH THE CHALLENGE :oD

Lx

Lilian said...

More great pages Kathy. Love the picture of Steve and the dog.
Hugs
lilian

Linda said...

Great journal pages ...... Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI Challenge .... good luck! Linda xx

Debs M said...

love the pages and glad the dog sitting wen well! ps I have those canvas boxes too x