Monday, 22 June 2015

Another week? Where do they all come from?

Morning all,

Good weekend peeps? Busy for us Friday and Saturday but Sunday? Restful - just as well we didn't have much planned as it was COLD, dull and grey for much of it ... though it did warm up mid afternoon. So much for the official start of summer though!

Oh my word ... be careful what you wish for! .... only recently I was talking with a crafting pal who was saying she might turn out some images she no longer uses ... and another pal said something not dissimilar. During this conversation I said I hardly do cutesie any more and can't remember the last time I used my alcohol markers either!!!

GUESS WHAT? I have a project to share with you today which is not only as cute as a button but is coloured with alcohol markers!!! Boo yah!



My card
And a closer view of the colouring and sparkle!

And my co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:

  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square (x 2) white card panel
  • 14cm square red card panel
  • Penny Black "elf" image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour image
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:

  1. 52CCT - June theme - Christmas elves
  2. Addicted to Stamps and More - challenge No. 149 - CAS
  3. CraftyHazelnuts Christmas challenge - challenge No. 234 - MERRY and BRIGHT
  4. CraftyHazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra - June challenge) - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS GOES
  5. Merry Monday - challenge No. 164 - a Funky hat/photo inspiration. A funky Santa hat and my elf coloured in the image from the photo, hope it's deemed funky enough

24 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

And what a fabby specimen of 'Elfhood' he is too kathy ;0). I so love this PB image - I think I stamped a couple when I was at yours for a crafting weekend some time ago - never did get around to buying the stamp myself, can't imagine why as I love it. Nice to see your PMs coming out to play again. Like you I'd 'gone off' colouring images a bit and was adding up the extent of my 'investment' in various pens, but everything seems to come around again, we just have to wait !

I thought you would like today's card on my blog - thanks for your lovely comment - I am getting quite partial to Kraft again at the moment and preferred this version of the wedding card. Decided that the bride I made the cards for would prefer the watercolour version so I sent that one. I now have the Kraft one in the wings for the next time I need a wedding card.

Have a great day matey.

Luv
Wynneth
X

scrappyjacky said...

I love it...perfect christmas card. I hardly ever do colouring now either....I should pull out the copics!!

jasann said...

Hi there Kathy, just love your little elf, she is so cute, thanks for sharing!!!

sandie said...

This is a cutsie image Kathy and adorable too! Love the glitter Santa hat. Thanks for joining ATSM

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning Kathy. What a great card. I love that image. Well worth breaking out the markers for :oD

Lx

Barbara said...

Such a great card! Love the image, the coloring, the sparkle... and the coordinating envelope and nicely done inside, too!

SARN said...

Oh YEAH . . . BOO YAH indeed.

Very cute and colourful Elf. Top marks.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I spotted this cutie over on Merry Monday - just love it!! Your elf is colored to perfection and I love it's sweet hat!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Absolutely gorgeous Elf, Kathy!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Darnell J Knauss said...

Hahaha, isn't that just the way, though?! And if I may say so, Kathy, you should do more cute and use those alcohol markers more often! This specimen stole my heart big time!! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, Kathy! Glad you broke the mold and went back to cute and colored! Fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Wendy said...

Very cute image and I just love the funky hat, Kathy! You colored this perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy. That image is so sweet.

Hugs
Lilian

Lindsey said...

Great! Really fun image x

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

What a darling image and colored beautifully! Love how you continued the theme to the inside -- brilliant! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday this week, Kathy!

Maria A. said...

I just love this little Elf, what an adorable image, he just makes me smile with his sparkly hat and cute little shoes. Beautiful job coloring him with your Copics, thank you for sharing.

Maria Rodriguez.

www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the card Kathy especially the Elf image. Happy to be back home after 11 days in hospital.

Kathyk said...

So sorry to hear you've been in hospital for 11 days Lesley and hope you are now well on the mend

Kathyk

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Such a cute card, I love it :)

April Cheetham said...

A very cute elf and some great colouring! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Deborah Frings said...

Wow! Absolutely fabulous. Such a fun image and so beautifully coloured. I do like the sparkle too. Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Notes by Nina said...

So cute, I love your adorable elf with the glittery hat. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

cotnob said...

A fabulous Christmas card Kathy, such a fun image and wonderful CAS design.
Thank you for joining us at CHNC Challenge Extra.
Pauline
x