Is this really summer? Don't know about you but I've been back in long trousers this week AND broken out the fleecy slippers again!!! Brrrrr.
|A close up of the embossing and stencilling|
|And the insert and envelope|
- 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- 13½cm square white panels for image and insert
- 14.2cm square lilac card, for matting
- Creative Expressions grungey star stamped using versamark ink and then heat embossed with WOW! vanilla sparkle (a recent LIM prize which has encouraged me to heat emboss again)
- Heidi Swapp stencil through which I sponged Distress Ink in shaded lilac
- Using the same ink I stencilled the lilac card border adding a Kaisercraft mini grid and Paper Artsy splatter - stamped numerous times with the same ink, making a grungey star border
- Stamplorations build a sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
- Judikins micro glaze applied (using my trusty finger) to the water based inks and then buffed with a paper towel, to protect the inks in transit
- Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 229 - STENCILLING
- Paper Artsy - Topic 12 - STENCILLING
- AAA cards - Game 42 - PASTE or STENCILLING - must also be CAS
- Jinglebelles - 12 DAYS OF CARDSTOCK (no pre patterned card stock), make your own backing papers/card
And now, back in my comfort zone of getting inky, after a recent (brief) foray back to cutesie ..... two grungey ATC's to add to my collection using one basic colour, this time red on red ....
|First one with red on red on red!|
|Second one with black on red on red!|
|And a closer view of the red on red part!|
- Two ATC blanks
- Two snippets of white card, cut to ATC size and coloured using a Tim Holtz mini blender and festive berries Distress Ink
- Using the same Distress Ink I sponged the faux brick panels and mini numbers stencils, by TCW
- Paper Artsy splatter image stamped randomly using the the same ink, to build up depth on the red on red
- Creative Expressions grungey star image stamped using Versamark ink on to one and Ranger Archival jet black ink on the other.
- To the one stamped with versamark ink I added red tinsel embossing powder before heat setting
- Stamplorations sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Visible Image border (from the mini flourish Craft Stamper freebie) stamped around the outside edge using Distress Ink in picked raspberry - you spotted the colour change there no doubt!
- Once the inks were dry I applied Judikins micro glaze with my finger, to protect the water based inks
- Sweetstamps - challenge No. 227 - ANYTHING BUT A CARD
- All Crafts challenge - June challenge - ANYTHING BUT A CARD
- Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 267 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES
I've a question to ask you ...... if you've ever used Klingon or EZMount .... a few years back I mounted my must use Paper Artsy splatter image on to the cling mount cushion. Now, given that I use this image on pretty much everything these days .... has anyone else ever found that the cushion mount has: A) SHRUNK on the back of the image and B) lost its stick to the point where the cushion mount just peeled right off? I've not experienced this before and I have to say I'm not bothered if it never happens again!!! Just asking ......
And now, since it IS WOYWDW - here's how my desk looks today! You're right, as always, it could do with a tidy!