Wednesday, 24 June 2015

So ...... What Is On Your Work Desk this Wednesday????

Morning readers,

Is this really summer? Don't know about you but I've been back in long trousers this week AND broken out the fleecy slippers again!!! Brrrrr.

Talking of brrr ....... I made a Christmas card at the weekend and it set me to thinking about just how far I was lagging behind with this years "quota", one thing led to another and ....


My card

A close up of the embossing and stencilling

And the insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white panels for image and insert
  • 14.2cm square lilac card, for matting
  • Creative Expressions grungey star stamped using versamark ink and then heat embossed with WOW! vanilla sparkle (a recent LIM prize which has encouraged me to heat emboss again)
  • Heidi Swapp stencil through which I sponged Distress Ink in shaded lilac
  • Using the same ink I stencilled the lilac card border adding a Kaisercraft mini grid and Paper Artsy splatter - stamped numerous times with the same ink, making a grungey star border
  • Stamplorations build a sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Judikins micro glaze applied (using my trusty finger) to the water based inks and then buffed with a paper towel, to protect the inks in transit

I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 229 - STENCILLING
  2. Paper Artsy - Topic 12 - STENCILLING
  3. AAA cards - Game 42 - PASTE or STENCILLING - must also be CAS
  4. Jinglebelles - 12 DAYS OF CARDSTOCK (no pre patterned card stock), make your own backing papers/card

Anyhoo, at least it's one less I shall have to make come November - need to make a good few more to put myself back on track though!

And now, back in my comfort zone of getting inky, after a recent (brief) foray back to cutesie ..... two grungey ATC's to add to my collection using one basic colour, this time red on red ....


First one with red on red on red!

Second one with black on red on red!

And a closer view of the red on red part!

Materials used:

  • Two ATC blanks 
  • Two snippets of white card, cut to ATC size and coloured using a Tim Holtz mini blender and festive berries Distress Ink
  • Using the same Distress Ink I sponged the faux brick panels and mini numbers stencils, by TCW
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped randomly using the the same ink, to build up depth on the red on red
  • Creative Expressions grungey star image stamped using Versamark ink on to one and Ranger Archival jet black ink on the other.
  • To the one stamped with versamark ink I added red tinsel embossing powder before heat setting
  • Stamplorations sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Visible Image border (from the mini flourish Craft Stamper freebie) stamped around the outside edge using Distress Ink in picked raspberry - you spotted the colour change there no doubt!
  • Once the inks were dry I applied Judikins micro glaze with my finger, to protect the water based inks

I'll be entering the above experiment for the following challenges:-

  1. Sweetstamps - challenge No. 227 - ANYTHING BUT A CARD
  2. All Crafts challenge - June challenge - ANYTHING BUT A CARD
  3. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 267 - ALWAYS ANYTHING GOES


I've a question to ask you ...... if you've ever used Klingon or EZMount .... a few years back I mounted my must use Paper Artsy splatter image on to the cling mount cushion. Now, given that I use this image on pretty much everything these days .... has anyone else ever found that the cushion mount has: A) SHRUNK on the back of the image and B) lost its stick to the point where the cushion mount just peeled right off? I've not experienced this before and I have to say I'm not bothered if it never happens again!!! Just asking ......

And now, since it IS WOYWDW - here's how my desk looks today! You're right, as always, it could do with a tidy!

Yes, it's playtime with brusho's!! After chatting with a pal!


13 comments:

Lilian said...

I like the card kathy and the tags are great.
Well done
Hugs
lilian

Squirrel x said...

Wow hun, those stars are FAB! Sorry, but your desk is far too tidy, lol, it brings me out in a rash ;) Hugs xx

Jane said...

Great card, love the shimmer and icy colours. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Loving the pretty blue star card Kathy, and the red on red is a real WOW! Fab work desk. I am currently shifting between the table in the kitchen, my craft room AND the dining room so I reckon yours is very tidy and contained in comparison :oD

Lx

SARN said...

Brilliant cards in today's post. Loving that star stamp!

I saw what your EZ mount problem was IRL and have never experienced it. Looks like you'll have to reapply a further piece of EZ mount (or similar) to sort the problem matey.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Christine said...

I'm new to ez mount so haven't had a problem .... yet!
Have a wonderful time with the brushos - I love mine and find it very difficult to stop playing, as you can see from my post, they are never put away!!

Loll said...

Awesome designs Kathy. LOVE that grungy star stamp. xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fabulous cards Kathy, so crisp, clean and elegant
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Susan Carol said...

Very impresses you are already making your Christmas cards! Wonderful cards.

SmilynStef said...

Love those holiday stars ... so very glad you joined us for our 12 days of Cardstock at Jingle Belles.

Neets B said...

Loving the different designs with that grungy star, your Christmas card is so pretty.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

lauren bergold said...

what a pretty holiday card, i love all the shine and sparkle! thanks for joining in our "cardstock christmas" celebration at JINGLE BELLES! <3

Anne said...

Catching up on my comments, sorry this is so late!
Fab Christmas card Kathy and love those tages
Thanks for joining us last week
Anne