Friday, 19 June 2015

Another weekend imminent!

Morning all

There I was, minding my own business ..... blog hopping (like you do) and I stumbled across a post on toothbrush painting by Tammy Tutterow (see her post here) and thought .... now THERE'S something I could do which would use one of those "free" toothbrushes you accumulate when you fly!


My tags with a layer of "toothbrushed" Distress Paint and then one of Distress Stain

The Distress Stains I used on top of my Antique Linen Distress Paint

Materials used:

  • 3 white luggage tags - 120 x 60mm and with the strings temporarily removed
  • Distress Paint in antique linen applied roughly (as per Tammy's tutorial - see link above) with a toothrbush and allowed to dry thoroughly
  • Distress Stains: dried marigold, tumbled glass and Victorian velvet


And then it was time to decorate them .... I started with the tumbled glass tag:-





Additional materials used:


  • Kaisercraft mini grid stamped using Distress Ink in tumbled glass
  • Kaisercraft bubblewrap stamped using Distress Ink in broken china
  • Visible Image border (from the Craft Stamper free mini flourish) stamped around the edge using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Dee Greuning coneflower stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Precious Remembrance Shop sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied, to seal the water based inks



Special apologies to Sarn as I know how much she loves both coneflowers AND the PRS sentiments!!! sorry mate!

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-

  1. Simon Says Stamp - USE YOUR FAVOURITE TECHNIQUE or PRODUCT - I do love all of my Kaisercraft images (soooo cool for building backgrounds) and I also love my distress inks/stains/paints! ALL deployed here!
  2. Create and Inspire - challenge No. 24 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Through the Craft Room Door -  June 16-22 - ANYTHING GOES


And then the pink one ...





Additional materials used:


  • Distress Ink in picked raspberry, Ranger Archival jet black and Memento rosebud inks
  • Images: Paper Artsy and Visible Image
  • Crystal stickles to highlight the wings


And finally .... the orange and yellow one - 




Additional materials used:


  • Inks: Distress: mustard seed, wild honey, spiced marmalade, Ranger Archival watering can and jet black
  • Images: Hero Arts, Kaisercraft, Visible Image and Clearly Inspired


Of course, all the inks take a lot longer to dry as the paint acts as a resist ... which I just bet you can see, particularly on the yellow tag with the rose! My favourite? The blue one! Which one do you like best?

Yesterday I was blog hopping and stopped by Rebecca's blog where she shared the fact she was baked bread - IMAGINE MY SURPRISE when I saw the photo on her blog as my husband was baking bread at the same time and I could smell the fresh bread, it was almost a sensory post!!! Surprisingly enough, the loaf photo looks astonishingly like my own - I can only hope hers tasted as good as ours did!




Cheesy bread


And now for this weeks Friday Funny - coming at you thanks to ..... Lilian - you're in the draw missus


Beware of older men - they only get wiser!


A
  woman decides to have a face lift for her 50th birthday.

She spends £15,000 and feels pretty good about the results.


On her way home, she stops at a Paper shop to buy a newspaper.


Before leaving, she says to the shopkeeper, 'I hope you don't mind my asking, but how old do you think I am


'About 32,' is the reply.'


'Nope! I'm exactly 50,' the woman says happily.


A little while later she goes into Morrison’s and asks the counter girl the very same question.


The girl replies, 'I'd guess about 29.'


The woman replies with a big smile, 'Nope, I'm 50.'


Now she's feeling really good about herself.. She stops at a Chemists on her way down the street.


She goes up to the counter to get some toothpaste and asks the counter girl this same burning question.


The girl responds, 'Oh, I'd say 30.'


Again she proudly responds, 'I'm 50, but thank you!'


While waiting for the bus to go home, she asks an old man waiting next to her the same question.


He replies, 'Lady, I'm 78 and my eyesight is going. Although, when I was young there was a sure-fire way to tell how old a woman was.


It sounds very forward, but it requires you to let me put my hands under your bra.


Then, and only then can I tell you EXACTLY how old you are.'


They wait in silence on the empty street until her curiosity gets the best of her.


She finally blurts out, 'What the hell, go ahead.'


He slips both of his hands under her blouse and begins to feel around very slowly and carefully.


He bounces and weighs each breast and he gently pinches each nipple.


He pushes her breasts together and rubs them against each other.


After a couple of minutes of this, she says, 'Okay, okay....How old am I?'


He completes one last squeeze of her breasts, removes his hands, and says, 'Madam, you are 50.'


Stunned and amazed, the woman says, 'That was incredible, how could you tell?'


The old man says, 'Promise you won't get mad?'


'I promise I won't' she says.


'I was behind you at Morrisons!!!!.

Have a great weekend everyone, hope you all have something fab to look forward to

11 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! Lovely tags. I'd say you rocked the whole toothbrush technique thaing. That bread looks scrummy too.... Mmmmmmmm

Have a great day Your Purpleness

Lx

Clare Lloyd said...

Super tags. Yummy looking bread. X

Squirrel x said...

Ooooh hun, those tags are yummilicious! I think the blue might be my fave too. I wonder if we have a spare toothbrush....... Hugs xx PS. That joke made me splutter

Lilian said...

I like the tags Kathy Like the blue on but then you know me with Blue.
Thats a great joke Kathy
Hugs
lilian

SARN said...

Yup . . . the blue tag is my fave . . . in fact you have posted them in the order I would have put them 1st, 2nd & 3rd!

The bread looks DELICIOUS.

FF is hilarious!

Right . . . I'm off to get inky! xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

What a fabby set of tags missus, I'm loving the toothbrush technique you've used, can't wait to have a go at it myself.

Bet you can't guess which is my favourite ? You can ? how spooky LOL You've guessed it, I love the pink one. Surprised ? thought not ha ha !

That FF is so funny, made me smile from ear to ear

luv
wynneth
x

Loll said...

First, your "toothbrush tags" are awesome! LOVE the blue one too! (and the others). Lucky you to have a hubby that bakes bread. Yummy looking!!

LOVE the funny!! OMG, I laughed out loud! So funny ... way to go Lilian! xx

Teresa Kline said...

hello Kathy! I so luv these tags and thanks so much for the step by step instructions.....FAB! I am so glad you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

Sara Sherlock said...

Those tags are lovely. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the new challenge.
Sara
TTCRD DT
FP3 {My Blog}

Susan Salyer said...

Beautiful art and the cheesy bread looks goooood. thank you for sharing with us at Create and Inspire Challenge.

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can create short urls with Shortest and make cash for every visitor to your short urls.