Monday, 1 June 2015

Morning and welcome to JUNE!

Hi there,
 
Welcome to June ... doesn't FEEL like "flaming June" to me, does it to you? In fact this past few days it's been cold, wet and WINDY!!! More like November!
 
Came back from a break with a disgusting cold, you know, all the yuckiest symptoms you can imagine ... but twice!! Didn't feel like any kind of craft for a couple of days - never even got round to putting new stash away - SHOCKING! Still, the plus side was that my new Bleeding Art Tissue was still out on the counter, awaiting a home... I've a friend currently on the DT (as a guest) over at Dragons Dream and she made such a GORGEOUS tag AND this current challenge features my all time fave colour so .....
 
My finished tag
And here's how I got there .....

Iridescent medium and Distress Ink

Stand by with the BAT

And after the B.A.T.

My speed coloured bird

Stamped on to my tag too


Circles themed embossing with clear gloss gel medium
 
Materials used:
  • Manila tag
  • Iridescent medium, applied over tag using a cosmetic sponge
  • Distress Ink in dusty concorde, applied with a cosmetic sponge
  • Bleeding Art tissue in purple, die cut in to various sized circles and applied with a wet paintbrush
  • Stampers Anonymous "Crazy Bird" image stamped twice using Ranger Archival jet black ink, once on to the tag and once on to a snippet of white card ... of course, I picked the most circular image - my fave, Peter Lorre!!!
  • Masking fluid applied to the eyes, beak and a little to the wing of the bird stamped on the card snippet
  • Distress Inks in picked raspberry and dusty concorde used to speed colour my bird
  • Circles stencil used in conjunction with clear gloss gel medium to emboss over my tag
  • Visible Image mini flourish image stamped around the outer edges using Stazon inks in Vibrant Violet and Gothic Purple (a gift from a friend who thought I just might like PURPLE!!! Thanks, Lauren)
  • Precious Remembrance Shop sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink ... of course, it would have been soooooooooo much easier if I had stamped the sentiment BEFORE I added the gloss gel medium but hey, hindsights a wonderful thing .... that's just in case you are wondering about the placement of the sentiment. If you aren't then .... don't worry!
  • Once the gel medium had dried completely clear I cut out my snippet bird and attached using dimensional foam pads
 
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Dragons Dream Tag It On - challenge No. 192 - PURPLE and CIRCLES - had to be done didn't it?!?!?!
  2. The Corrosive challenge - (and DT call) - ANYTHING GOES (AMENDED LINK)
  3. AMusing Challenge - challenge No. 19 - ANYTHING GOES
 

15 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Aha! I HOPED you might be tempted by Catherines Purpletastic theme at Dragon's Dream Kathy. Fab take. Great idea to use those Art Tissue circles. Love that. Thanks for joining in with the challenge at Dragon's Dream. Hope to see you again too.

Lx

SARN said...

Cute looking tag your Purpleness! xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Loved the tags you produced, in spite of not feeling great. Well done!

scrappyjacky said...

Gorgeous purple tag.
It's so cold here that the central heating came on!

Annie said...

Such a fun tag! He's not sure he believes that sentiment, but he's hoping it's true. LoL I was smiling before I even saw your tag. All I needed to see was your blog address of purplicious princess.... So cute!

catherine said...

This is just a fabulous tag Kathy and so glad you have come and joined us in my challenge over at Dragons Dream challenge this time.
x catherine

Regan said...

Super cute tag, Kathy! Unfortunately, you have linked just to our DT call and not to the current challenge. To be considered for the prize you must enter here:
http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.com/2015/05/challenge-225-anything-goes.html
Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge!
{hugs}
Regan
DT Coordinator

Kathyk said...

Thanks, Regan, wonder what I was thinking at the time!!! Have now removed my link to the DT and entered in the right place

Kathyk

Kylie said...

This tag is brilliant. I never use my gloss gel so I will have to get it out and give it a go! xx

Julie Ann Lee said...

Lovely purple tag, Kathy. Those little birds seem to be making an appearance lots in Blogland: they look great with purple, it so enhances their quirkiness! Thank you for dreaming with the Dragons. xxx

Debs M said...

ooh love this Kathy! x

Lilian said...

Great tag Kathy, Hugs
lilian

Loll said...

AWESOME!! Love this tag Kathy! Great mix of techniques used ... thanks for including pics. And LOVE that bird! xx

Rein said...

Such a lovely tag!

Debora said...

Fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog! Hugs!