Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning all,
 
Well now, here's a thing, I haven't scrapbooked in an absolute age - I think it's probably close on two years but hey ...... Inspired by a crafting/blogging buddy (JACKY) I thought I had better get a wiggle on and do some, before I forgot how. Actually, I think I was almost too late!, I'm not sure this qualifies as proper scrapbooking but hey .... it records a fab holiday ..
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 12" x 12" page from the Costco collection (of 360 sheets, still got loads to go!)
  • Ephemera from a recent trip to Atlanta, a street map, a tour guide, tickets for the zoo, aquarium, theatre and the "Breeze" bus card.
  • Dylusions alphabet
  • Papermania numbers
  • Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Signo uniball black and white gel rollers, for doodling and journalling
 
I'll be entering this over at the "Anything Goes" challenge over at Bimini Moose.

Got a lovely surprise in the post yesterday too ..... a pal sent me a birthday gift last week and we were beginning to think it may have gone astray but no, it turned up safely yesterday and was well worth the wait .... wanna see?

Lauren and I spent the best part of an hour looking at the Viva Las Vegas plates on-line
And now I own my first plate - thanks matey!

Needless to say, I could not wait to get cracking!
 


And a closer view

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of white card
  • Viva Las Vegas (plate 921) image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment (I only inked the "just for" part) stamped using ranger Archival jet black ink on to a further snippet and then die cut in to a circle
  • Using a Faber Castell Pitt Pen "S" thickness pen I hand printed the "ewe"
  • Distress Inks used to water colour image and sentiment: squeezed lemonade, shabby shutters, festive berries, pumice stone
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped numerous times using the squeezed lemonade ink
  • Visible Image (C.S. freebie) stamped around the outer edge using the squeezed lemonade ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine sprayed over the ATC to seal the water based inks
  • Clear acrylic self adhesive circle placed over the sentiment circle

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 62 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Artistic Impressions - challenge No. 132 - ANYTHING GOES with the added twist of use die cuts
  3. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 264 - ANYTHING GOES

Of course, once inspiration struck there was no stopping me ...

My card

A closer view of the image panel

And the co-ordinating (but less cluttered) insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square white, 200gsm, card panel for the insert
  • Snippets of card in white, black and red
  • Viva Las Vegas Image stamped on to the white snippet (insert and envelope) using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Distress Inks used to water colour: worn lipstick, festive berries, picked raspberry, ripe persimmon
  • Visible Image (C.S. freebie) small flourish used to stamp around the outer edge of the panel using Memento tangelo and rosebud inks
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using the D.I. in picked raspberry
  • Visible Image small flourish stamped on to the red card using Versamark ink and a glittered red embossing powder before heat embossing.
  • Image panel attached to coloured panel using dimensional foam tape

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - lucky dip challenge No. 226 - 2 or 4 legs ... think I just about have enough white space to call it CAS - hope so anyway
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Stampotique - challenge SDC198 - MY FAVOURITE STAMP (in this case two fave must use stamps .... Visible Image mini flourish as per my last THREE posts!!! and my Paper Artsy splatter)
  4. Friday Mashup - challenge No. 211 - Watercolour fun and/or sketch

I also received my latest batch of materials from my ATC swap buddy on the Isle of Skye - wanna see what I got?

Any ideas?


And now, since it's WOYWDW, here's a sneaky peek at my desk this week



FYI ..... I double checked with my scrap book - my last foray was January 2013!!!


24 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

I thought I'd never get into scrap booking, but I will this year. I am having a onece-in-a-lifetime holiday to the US, mainly to see the big quilt exhibition in Houston at the end of October. But we will be there for 20 days in total, so I get to see a bit more.

I have my scrap book and plastic pocket pages at the ready!

Kathyk said...

Oh I hope you will have a truly WONDERFUL time, Lesley AND get cracking on that scrap book upon your return. Who knows? Maybe we'll see you with a blog of your own before Christmas!

Kathyk

Heidi Baks said...

Another fun card! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup again this week.

scrappyjacky said...

Love your page....I often put memorabilia on my pages....and my present album will probably have 2 or 3 pages like your one.

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Kathy, what a lot of fun it's been looking at your card and reading your blog. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Linda Osterwise, DT said...

Very colorful and cool card, Kathy. It's great that you completed the inside and made a coordinating envelope. Thank you for joining us in the Through The Craft Room Door challenge this week.

Hugz,
Linda

Clare Lloyd said...

Super projects kathy.

Neets B said...

You have been busy, Kathy, and great creations. Loving the rich red and offset panels on your card.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Debs M said...

great looking scrapbook and your new stash/makes are fabby! Wow those trading materials are difficult! Good luck with that x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WoW! you are one busy lady Kathy.
Great cards and I'm so thrilled you've linked up at Less is More again as that leggy image is fun and funky and great in the gallery.
Thanks so much
Sarah

catherine said...

Wow the postman looks to have been busy coming to yours Kathy. What a lovely present to receive. All of these are fabulous makes and well done on your scrapbooking too.
x catherine

Di said...

Oh Kathy - these are fabulous cards! Wonderful stamps used so well!

Hugs

Di xx

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy and I love love those stamps Huga
lilian

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabberooney cards with your new VLVS stamp set PP, I'm loving plate 192 the more of the images you reveal, they're awesome.

Well done on entering so many challenges, I really must get back into challenges, haven't entered any but the Lavinia one in such a loony time.

Luv
Wynneth
X

My name is Wynneth said...

Sorry forgot to say how fabulous to hear you're scrapbooking again and you have a fabby lot of memorabilia to work with there - brings back memories even more than photos.

Luv
Wynneth
X

Kaz said...

Fab set of cards! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique this week.

Cristina - La Marmotta Creativa - said...

Beautiful!!!!!Thanks so much for playing this time at Craft your Passion!
Hugs
Cristina DT

Chrissie said...

Another busy day Kathy and yet more fab cards!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Heather said...

Fabulous cards Cathy, I love the set of stamps you've received for you birthday - they are stunning - such fun!!. Your ATC is just adorable, a cute image with a brilliant background and sentiment!!

hugs
Heather xx

kahaulani said...

wonderful scrap book page thank you for joining Bimini Moose Challenge

Anne said...

Wow you've been busy Kathy. Love the 'bird' stamp, really fun!
Thank you very much for joining us.
Anne
Less is More

Karla Yungwirth said...

I really love all the fun goodness you put into your scrapbook page! This certainly does qualify as scrapbooking, and I hope you enjoyed it after your hiatus. All your projects are lovely! thanks so much for joining us at Bimini Moose this week! Hope to see you again. DT Karla

Janis Lewis said...

Love your scrapbook page. Great idea to include the tickets and brochure. Turned out great! Thanks so much for joining us at Bimini Moose! A new challenge started today!
DT :) Janis

Sue said...

Oh what a fab card, and I love how you've decorated the envelope too. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Stampotique. Sue xx