Saturday, 6 June 2015

Second post Saturday

Second post from me today, primarily because of the rules set by the peeps over at Craft Stamper, to see my earlier post then please either scroll down or follow this link

I did my first post (including this) but, thankfully, checked the rules before entering - hence this second post ........ onwards and upwards - my second make!


My card

And a closer view of my sunset colour scheme

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square of 300gsm water colour card
  • 14cm square of 160gsm Kraft card, for matting
  • Viva Las Vegas image (this was the one I thought I MIGHT not use!!!) stamped using Ranger Archival watering can
  • Distress Inks, used as water colours:- frayed burlap, vintage photo, squeezed lemonade, ripe persimmon and festive berries
  • Precious Remembrance Shop sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink

It's a little different from my normal image choice and I thank Lauren for that (she gave me the VLV images) and I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No.227 it's a colour challenge and they've gone with SUNSET, using the colours of sunsets in a muted palette of yellow/orange/red
  2. Friday Mashup - challenge No. 212 - Ombre colour scheme and/or embellishment cluster (I just used the ombre)


16 comments:

SARN said...

Adore this CAS card and the sentiment is PERFECT xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

What a great LIM entry creation. I get what you say about that image, but it's perfect for your splendid card.

You've got my mojo all fired up to enter challenges again, so I'm guessing I might hit my table of craftiness running when I arrive home - well as soon as I've filled the washing machine I guess Ha Ha !

Have a great Saturday.

Luv
Wynneth
X

Chrissie said...

I really like that watery background Kathy. Super little image too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lesley Thomas said...

Cute image Kathy, so must be easy to work with!

Lauren Hatwell said...

That's beautiful. Perfect in every way. Lx

Lilian said...

Kathy. That is a lovely card well done. Hugs
lilian

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely card.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Great work kathy and a fantastic image.
Wonderful colours and a super take on the challenge
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Lisa said...

Very nice card!

Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

Anne said...

Oo I love this stamp Kathy and gorgeous soft sunset shades!
Thank you very much for joining us.
Anne
Less is More

Brenda Brown said...

Gorgeous.
Hugs Brenda xxx.

Kylie said...

I LOVE that sentiment. The design is gorgeous as is the image and watercolouring xx

Neets B said...

Gorgeous use of those muted sunset colours, perfect CAS card.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Gerrina said...

I really love your first card! You used such beautiful colours for that VLVS! Enjoy your week!

Amy Kunkle said...

Such a soft, pretty card! Love the hint of color. Thanks so much for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

Eve Maynard said...

Hi Kathy
I saw your card at LIM and had to come and have a closer look - WOW!! Why is it that my CAS cards never look as good as that!
As your sentiment says 'simplicity is beauty' - well said!
xx