Friday, 26 June 2015

Welcome to the Friday Funny post

Morning all,

Met up with friends for lunch yesterday, it was so nice to catch up. It's been too long between meets with these two. We went to a local hostelry and had a lovely leisurely lunch, sadly, it was over all too soon - the perils of living in a different town - we USED to live just yards away as neighbours but now they're across the Severn Bridge in Wales, and loving it! Really nice food ... with haddock and spinach bake for my main course and a lush bakewell tart for dessert - mmmmmm!

After chatting by phone with pal, Lauren, recently ...... I had no choice (well not much anyway) but to try out one of the techniques she talked about - wanna see?






And a closer view of the above tag





Materials used:

  • 2 white 120 x 60mm luggage tags
  • Brusho's in purple, yellow and turquoise sprinkled over the tags and then rubbed with my finger
  • TCW stencils "mini circles" and "faux brick" placed over the tag .... for the top tag I applied water with a moist "minion" sponge and for the bottom a moist cosmetic sponge.
  • Once the stencil was removed a light spritz of water, to activate the remaining brushos!


Now to decide what to do with these tags ... oh, and in case you don't "get" the minion sponge ..... check them out.....


12 Paint Dabbers
I'm sorry but .... tell me you don't see "minions" too!!!!


Meet BOB the minion!!!




Who doesn't love a minion!



To those of you who participate in Rudolph Day on the 25th of each month, I have a card to share with you... I was blog hopping just yesterday and saw this video on Joanna Harty's blog and wondered whether I could make this CAS, using brusho's and a run up a Christmas card! I didn't have the fab stamp that was used but I thought this would work ..... I leave you to judge for yourselves!



My card

And a closer view



And its co-ordinating insert and envelope
And then I decided to add a glitter glue "edge"

Materials used:

  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Scrap of water colour paper
  • Scrap of black card for matting
  • Kaisercraft mini grid image stamped using Versamark ink before applying white embossing powder and heat setting
  • Brusho's in scarlet and red
  • Mica spray (pearl) spritzed over the finished panel - to give a lovely shimmer
  • Hero Arts star image (I love this star) stamped on to a snippet of white card using Versarmark ink before adding black sparkle embossing powder and heat setting. Once cooled I fussy cut round the star
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crystal stickles applied as a thin "border", to bling it up!!!


I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-

  1. Scraps of life - June Rudolph Day challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 265 - CHRISTMAS
  3. Crafting by Design - June challenge - GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS
  4. Happy Little Stampers - June's CAS challenge - to use sprays or mists


And now for this week's Friday Funny which I just KNOW you will have seen as I trot it out every year but, honestly, we've passed the longest day and it's still blimmin' COLD seems like every other day!




13 comments:

Lilian said...

Great Tage Kathy.
I love the card very much and reading what you went thrugh to get there you did a great job,
Hugs
lilian

scrappymo! said...

Another fab card! Love your envelope, card front and card inside pizzaz!

Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

SARN said...

Loving the look of your Brusho tags.

FAB Rudolph Day card too. You sure are loving stars at the moment (and why not!).

Hee hee . .. I've only got plain old sponge daubers, not MINION ones!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Smashing tags AND a fabulous card. Well worth all the effort. Have a great weekend. Lx

Deepti said...

Love the colorful tags and clean and striking card :)

Lesley Thomas said...

It was blimming hot here last week when I was in hospital without AC, and windows which barely opened, as 15 years ago, someone jumped out of one and committed suicide, so we all sweltered, in case anyone else tries it Love the Brusho effects and card.

Hettie said...

Those tags are gorgeous. Love the Christmas card too.
I can see where you are going with the minion sponges...I went to see the new film tonight. Very funny!
Great funny.
Hugs
xx

MaryH said...

Of COURSE I love your Christmas card - you used Brusho-s! Lovely effect with the embossing, and then adding the pearlized sprays. Gold & copper sprays add a lot of gleam too. And I adore these nifty tags. Will have to try out this technique you mentioned...certainly achieved some nice texture on each one of your pretty tags. Love the brushos. Have you seen the Ken Oliver Color Bursts & the Blister ones? TFS & Happy wkend. Your lunch sounded just yummy.

Loll said...

Those tags are awesome Kathy. Must give that a try myself. :) And I love your Brushos Christmas card. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Jane Willis said...

I've never seen brushos used in a CAS way before - it looks great! The sponges really do look like Minions, don't they? Might have to get some for my 6yo granddaughter who loves crafting with me and is, of course, Minion crazy.
And I love your weather error message too!

LesleyG said...

Fab tags, and love your card.....love minions too! xxx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love the look of that technique Kathy, I will have to give it a try! And, Yes . . . I do see minions!! LOVE the Friday funny too . . . as I'm not too far from you, I relate! have a great week! Hazel xx

Wendy said...

Fabulous Christmas card..... Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Hugs
Wendy xx