Met up with friends for lunch yesterday, it was so nice to catch up. It's been too long between meets with these two. We went to a local hostelry and had a lovely leisurely lunch, sadly, it was over all too soon - the perils of living in a different town - we USED to live just yards away as neighbours but now they're across the Severn Bridge in Wales, and loving it! Really nice food ... with haddock and spinach bake for my main course and a lush bakewell tart for dessert - mmmmmm!
After chatting by phone with pal, Lauren, recently ...... I had no choice (well not much anyway) but to try out one of the techniques she talked about - wanna see?
|And a closer view of the above tag|
- 2 white 120 x 60mm luggage tags
- Brusho's in purple, yellow and turquoise sprinkled over the tags and then rubbed with my finger
- TCW stencils "mini circles" and "faux brick" placed over the tag .... for the top tag I applied water with a moist "minion" sponge and for the bottom a moist cosmetic sponge.
- Once the stencil was removed a light spritz of water, to activate the remaining brushos!
Now to decide what to do with these tags ... oh, and in case you don't "get" the minion sponge ..... check them out.....
|I'm sorry but .... tell me you don't see "minions" too!!!!|
|Meet BOB the minion!!!|
To those of you who participate in Rudolph Day on the 25th of each month, I have a card to share with you... I was blog hopping just yesterday and saw this video on Joanna Harty's blog and wondered whether I could make this CAS, using brusho's and a run up a Christmas card! I didn't have the fab stamp that was used but I thought this would work ..... I leave you to judge for yourselves!
|And a closer view|
|And its co-ordinating insert and envelope|
|And then I decided to add a glitter glue "edge"|
- 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- Scrap of water colour paper
- Scrap of black card for matting
- Kaisercraft mini grid image stamped using Versamark ink before applying white embossing powder and heat setting
- Brusho's in scarlet and red
- Mica spray (pearl) spritzed over the finished panel - to give a lovely shimmer
- Hero Arts star image (I love this star) stamped on to a snippet of white card using Versarmark ink before adding black sparkle embossing powder and heat setting. Once cooled I fussy cut round the star
- Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Crystal stickles applied as a thin "border", to bling it up!!!
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
- Scraps of life - June Rudolph Day challenge - ANYTHING GOES
- Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 265 - CHRISTMAS
- Crafting by Design - June challenge - GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS
- Happy Little Stampers - June's CAS challenge - to use sprays or mists
And now for this week's Friday Funny which I just KNOW you will have seen as I trot it out every year but, honestly, we've passed the longest day and it's still blimmin' COLD seems like every other day!