Saturday, 3 March 2012

Hi and welcome to another sketchie Saturday!

Hello and welcome to another weekend,

Guess what I did yesterday? I shopped my little socks off! I had planned to have a cosy day home, watching TV, crafting and maybe a trip to the local Michaels but, because of an A/C crisis with the neighbours our neighbour, Len, had to cry off of going to a model airshow with my hubby which meant I got up and went with him - no, not to the show!!! I dropped him off at the airport and took the car!

Once I was footloose, I headed to Target where I bought some croc flops and then next door to Michaels ..... back to the car and wended my not so weary way round the parking lot to Joann's. Now this was so very nearly a disaster as, with lots of crafting goodies clutched in my hot sticky little hand, I headed to the register only to find a technical crisis under way!! YIKES, well, there was NO WAY I was putting this little lot back! FORTUNATELY, a very helpful assistant had one last attempt and BINGO! This little lot was mine, mine, mine (think seagulls in Finding Nemo!!)



Then it was across to the Lakeland mall in search of non craft goodies - no success there though I DID get some lunch!! Heading back south to pick hubby up again I sauntered round Hobby Lobby before heading in to Violette's - guess what? They were having a make and take with Luninarte and H2O's watercolours so I made a quick tag and had a fabulous chocolate cupcake ..




Back to Linder airfield in time to collect hubby who was all pink and hot after a day in the blistering sunshine! So, it was home to throw ourselves in the pool to cool off!

Anyhoo, it's Saturday and there's a new set of challenges today - over on craftbubble the lovely Rosie has set the theme of "USE TAGS" - here's my card for this


Materials used:
  • C6 card and matching envelope
  • Light blue panel inked in Brilliance lavender, with Inkadinkado snowflakes
  • Bright blue panel edged with a Martha Stewart edging punch
  • White tag, tied with string
  • Fiskars snowflakes inked with Brilliance lavender
  • Fiskars, penguin and sentiment inked with Ranger Archival jet black and coloured with alcohol markers
  • Crystal stickles to simulate snow and glossy accents to make his "wellies" glossy
  • Two snowflakes adhered with glossy accents
And, on the Simply Less Is More challenge - why not pop over and check it out here, this week's theme?
NEUTRALS


This could be anything from off white to black with any shade of beige, brown or grey in between

Can't wait to play with my new stash now!

Have a fabulous Saturday

6 comments:

Debs M said...

very successful shopping trip! great card , love that penguin x

jackid said...

Hi Kathy sounds like you are having a great time (so jealous) glad you got your crisis sorted it would have so painful to have put those babies back lol and a great creation too have a great weekend
Jacki xx

Craftyrose said...

.....and isn't he a cutie pie? Lovely day for a spot of shopping Kathy.....jealous .......moi? YES!!!!!!

Craftyrose said...

Thought I'd just left a comment, but it's not here! Oh...well I was saying how cute the penguin is and how jealous I am of both the stash acquisition and weather!! Humph! xx

Lilian said...

Loving the card Kathy. Cute. Glad you managed to get all the gooddies you brought.
Hugs lilian

catherine said...

Sounds like you had a fabby day out shopping. great tag card. Hope your having a good weekend
x catherine