Sunday, 18 March 2012

Hi there and Happy Mothers Day!

Hi folks,

To all the mum's out there ... HAPPY MOTHERS DAY - here's hoping you've been spoiled all day, so far! Having no kids and no mum's left I've not made or expected any cards - I did, however, have an e-mail from surrogate daughter 1 wishing me a Happy Mothers Day, which was great - thanks Nik.

Yesterday, being St Patricks Day, was celebrated all over Florida and we decided to dine in rather than have to drink green beer! (yes, honestly, even the beer was green!) so we trekked off to Publix (supermarket) and got supplies only to be asked if we were celebrating the day - hmmf! Well, our beer wasn't green but I guess you COULD argue that we did celebrate!, so yes.

On to the Sunday challenge over on Craft Mad and Loving It ...... this week set by Nicola and she has chosen the theme of WEATHER!! I chose ....... sunshine! Well, I AM in the SUNSHINE state! I've also used a mask so will enter this in to the challenge over on the Simply Less Is More blog too.



Materials used:
  • White C5 card and matching envelope
  • Pre cut mask and low tack tape to hold it in place
  • Distress Ink in scattered straw but I used it with a dirty pad on the blending tool to make the colour a little more sand coloured - I THINK it worked!
  • Art Impressions flip flops and  Fiskars line of dots & My Minds Eye sentiment inked in Ranger Archival jet black
Here is the matching envelope and insert ...

envelope

Insert

I also made another card in the same style as my first entry for the mask challenge over on Simply Less Is More but, as it's quite similar to the first, I decided it wouldn't be appropriate to enter it but - what do you think? Like it?


Materials used:
  • White C5 card and matching envelope
  • Large post its to mask random shapes coloured using Distress Inks: Victorian Velvet, Scattered Straw, Dusty Concord, Weathered Wood
  • Stampendous Agapanthus image and Fiskars sentiment & line of dots inked in Ranger Archival jet black
  • Faux gemstones added at each end of the line of dots - to highlight
Hope you like my work today - as always, I look forward to reading your comments and thanks for stopping by this Mothers Day. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday



13 comments:

Debs M said...

both are great and i can't see why you can't enter the second one, i know it's the same style but not the same stamp?

scrappyjacky said...

I really like that last card,Kathy.

Scrapmate said...

I love the agapanthus card.

Heather T said...

Hi Kathy, I really like the geometric shapes behind the images in your second card; a clever way to mask.

Loli said...

Beauitiful CAS cards Kathy, great masking for LIM and colors.
A hug from Palma

Diane said...

Super cards Kathy. I too love the second I hadn't thought of such an abstract background, it works so well, great idea, hope you don't mind I will have to have a go one day. Thanks for sharing.
Diane

Katiejane said...

Great CAS style cards Kathy. Green beer, how cool! St Patty's is deffinately an occassion to have a beverage or 2!
Lot's of hand made cards from my babies this morning and a meal out which was super yummy, so a great day.
Katie x

Chrissie said...

I like the random shapes on the last card Kathy!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Cheryl said...

oh these are super cas cards Hun,and just love those shapes on the last card just perfect hugs Cherylxxxxx

butlersabroad said...

Can't believe how many cards you make! I'm envious to say the least, lol! Love these masked cards, very architectural with all the geometric shapes. I do love Chillis too, they have fabulous salads!

Hugs
Brenda

Mandi said...

These are FAB KAthy
I love the colours you have chosen, the shapes are terrific
Love it!

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Lilian said...

Lovely cards Kathy. Well done. Lilian

Victoria said...

Love those little flip-flops!