Saturday, 24 March 2012

Morning and welcome to the weekend dear readers

Hello,

Time for another challenge over on the Craftbubble group "Craft Mad and Loving it" and this week sees Karen's Christmas challenge. She's selected "A Christmas Carol" and here's my take on Oh Christmas Tree!


  • Materials used:
  • C6 white card and matching envelope
  • Panel of white card coloured round the edges with Memento Bamboo
  • DCWV Christmas paper stack
  • Green card panel edged using a Martha Stewart punch from a PATP set
  • Strip of matching DCWV Christmas stack paper
  • Two lengths of narrow white satin ribbon
  • Inkadinkado image inked in Memento bamboo and  highlighted with stickles, rounded corners
  • Mat layers of green card and white card edged with memento bamboo - both panels with rounded corners
  • Computer generated sentiment and mounted on a bamboo coloured panel and some narrow white satin ribbon
  • Two metal look snowflakes attached with glossy accents
  • One faux crystal attached to the top of the tree
Hope you like it, fancy having a go? Then pop over to the group and be inspired by my fellow Design Team members cards.

As usual, it's also time for a new challenge over on the splendidly Clean And Simple group Simply Less Is More - there are always some fabulous entries there. It's strange but I sometimes find it harder NOT to do CAS since discovering this blog although, in the beginning, I could never see myself doing CAS as I loved my embellishments!! It was hard at the start, to give up on all the twiddly bits but now ..... I LOVE IT!, and I know I'm not alone as there are often in excess of 200 entries, many from regulars (like me). This week sees the return of the the TAKE THREE CHALLENGES challenge and you get to pick and combine your favourite three from previous challenges. Hmm so many fabulous things to choose from ......... thinking cap in place so you might want to pop back later and see what I went with!

  
Happy Saturday

2 comments:

clare said...

love that xmas tree kathy. hope you can choose which 3 LIm challenges to use then!! have a good saturday. x

Debs M said...

great card and stamp x