Saturday, 3 November 2012

Happy Saturday - it's challenge day

Hi there,

Welcome to my new follower, Maryespi, from the U.S. - now I know she doesn't have a blog but it's so nice to know you like mine, Mary and I hope you will pop back from time to time.

It's also welcome to November and it's my turn to set a challenge for the month over on the Craftbubble group CRAFT MAD and LOVING IT and I've chosen a theme which I have (rather shamelessly) plagiarised from another challenge but I HAVE added a little twist. The stolen theme is TIME but my challenge is "IF I COULD SAVE TIME IN A BOTTLE" - like the old Jim Croce song - hear it here ... and here's the muppet version, if you prefer!!!! I'm certainly hoping that there will be some really lateral thinking involved in some of the entries!

Over on the Simply Less Is More blog there is a new challenge. Whilst on vacations recently I have shamefully neglected commenting on my fellow LIM-ettes entries - my apologies folks, your entries were magnificent and well done to those showCASed too. I'm back now though and hope to be stopping by as many entries as possible this week - good luck! This week sees the turn of the COLOUR challenge and this week it's PINK! A Clean And Simple card featuring pink ... how hard can it be???? YIKES! Pink's not a colour I use as a focal colour too often! I'm more of a purple girl!!!



Materials used:
  • 12½ cm square white, 250 gsm card and matching envelope
  • 12 cm square pink DCWV textured linen cardstock
  • 11½ cm square white card panel
  • Penny Black image inked using Memento rosebud ink
  • Imagine That sentiment inked using Memento London fog

I'm still pondering a couple of faux crystals - whaddya reckon?

Happy Saturday

35 comments:

Chrissie said...

I love this image Kathy and it looks great in pink, not a colour I would have associated with it.
Well done you!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kathy
Fabulous card......
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Silver said...

I love this card!

scrappyjacky said...

Gorgeous card,Kathy.

Fiona said...

What a gorgeous stamp, you've done a brilliant job with it.

Anne said...

Hi Kathy this looks lovely, such a delicate looking image

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy. Its really pretty and love the colour. Hugs lilian

clare said...

fab card kathy, i do love the colour pink! x thinking carefully about your challenge theme. x

Chris said...

Fabulous image, Fabulous card!
Chris
x

SallyB said...

Hi Kathy...
Good to hear you got back safe and sound. Nice Pink LIM card...
I am still knee deep in More is more sequins, ribbons and Wild Rose Studio DT christmas cards!
Off to village Fireworks tonight I think...London Tomorrow to see Shrek and have lunch at Rainforest Cafe..then it's back to school...I am on Inset on Monday with Lauren so promised her lunch somewhere...xxxx

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this image stamped in pink Kathy and the way you stamped off the edge of your card too. Go for a few gems, you know Mandi would approve! Vicky x

Craftyrose said...

You should do pink more often! This is simply gorgeous! xx

Monika said...

I love the freshness of this card.

"Happiness" was my first thought as I see this card.

Monika

Loli said...

Hola Kathy, very gorgeous card, i like the two shades of pink, beautiful!
Hugs from Palma

Viv's Visuals said...

Gorgeous card Kathy - and Time in a Bottle is one of my all time fave songs - loved it when it first was released and still love it now. x

Elaine said...

Lovely card - great shading of the pinks!

Lynne said...

Super card Kathy.
Lynne xxx

lililindsay said...

Such a pretty card. Pink works perfectly.

Carole said...

Love the stamp Kathy, fab card!

My name is Wynneth said...

Faberooney vision in pink young kathy - I do so love that stamp and it looks splendid in pink. Like you, I've not commented (or even entered!) on the LIM challenges in recent weeks. Must get back to it as I do love the challenges.

Your CMLI November challenge is great, I too love that song. Been checking through the small stash I brought with me to Dad's and also his stash to see what I can do !
luv
wynneth
x

Scrapmate said...

Such a pretty card.

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous in pink as it would be in purple Kathy.
hugs {brenda} xox

Skye said...

Great card. The image is great in pink and like your design

Sue said...

This is lovely, Kathy. Pretty stamp and colours. Sue x

Jane Willis said...

Beautiful - I'd never have thought of using pink in this way

Jane

Linby said...

Just lovely Kathy.
Linbyx

Debbie Vidler said...

What a lovely card the pinks are so stunning. Gorgeous
Debbie
:)

Rosemary said...

beautiful card... the stamping is fantastic!

Debs M said...

oooh i LOVE this Kathy, fabulous! x

bastelengel said...

Dear Kathy,
you've made a very pretty card! Love the color and the clean and simple layout.

GinaA said...

Totally gorgeous card, love the depth you have achieved with your stamping.

Darnell J Knauss said...

You should do pink more often, this is a showpiece! About the faux crystals, I saw recently (and can't remember where off the top of my head) a card that had three tiny blings in her sentiment that was really cool. On your card, she would have put them above the "day is." What do you think? They would have to be really teeny.

And when you said over at my place that you liked my "off the wall" posts, I beg your pardon? LOL! Thanks for coming by!

mypapercraftworld said...

Lovely delicate image and the strong pink is fab! Anita in France

Viv said...

Such a great card Kathy, pretty image too :) Viv xx

Daen'Ys said...

This is a gorgeous card!
Love these soft colors...

Rosi x