Wednesday, 28 November 2012

What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Hi folks,

Wednesday again - boy those week's are flashing by .... it's now less than a month to Christmas - how's your Christmas shopping coming along now?

This morning I headed to Cribbs Causeway to meet a crafting pal for coffee, shopping and a natter. I was awake before the alarm and decided to head out earlier than anticipated and see if I could crack on and finish the Christmas shopping ..... and I DID!!! YAY! With the exception of a chocolate based product for hubby's stocking - I'M DONE!! HURRAH! Now, I do love to shop and I enjoy Christmas shopping too but this last present was darn close to defeating me this year. The couple I needed to buy for are lovely people but I was desperately short of inspiration this year - I really do hope they like my gifts.

Anyway, 10:00 rolled round fast enough and I just about had enough time to run back to the car with my bags (yes, bags plural! there were three!) before meeting Lilian at Hobbycraft. We were both armed with 25% discount vouchers and neither of us were afraid to use them!! Sadly all I managed were two £1 stamps and one clear set but hey .... better than a smack in the face with a wet fish!!! Lilian did much better than I did although she had a fight on her hands at the register as one of the items wasn't on their system! Hmmmf! Off to Costa coffee next for a tasty latte - it was really  busy this morning and we felt guilty enough to move on once the lattes were drunk as people were standing around waiting for tables! I gave Lilian a box full of back issues of Craft Stamper as she's new to card making and, shopping safely done, recycling completed - it was time I headed home - to wrap!

WOT? No tags left? Calamity - still, two of the £1 stamps seemed perfectly fitted to the task so I hit the die cutter and made a few more.



Materials used:
  • White card die cut in to circles
  • Hobbycraft £1 stamps of "To and from" and "baubles" stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Copic Atyou Spica glitter pens to add colour
  • Crop-a-dile used to punch holes
  • Black and white bakers twine as ties
  • Red alcohol marker run round the outer edge of the tag

Made using some of this morning's stash ....



I've not participated in WOYWDW for a little while but here's how my work desk looked earlier today. You're right, I HAD to do my die cutting someplace else - memo to self: TIDY THE BLOOMING PLACE UP!!!



Have a great Wednesday


5 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Sounds like a very enjoyable morning...and kudos on finishing the crimbo shopping....I still have loads to do!!
Love those cute little stamps.
And also love that 'castle' stamp...with great sentiment as well.

Debs M said...

i would rather have had your day than work! sounds lovely :) Loving those castle stamps x

Brenda Brown said...

Glad you had a good day and love your tags.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Katiejane said...

I have also been un-inspired this year when it comes to Xmas shopping, maybe I'm just not in the Xmas spirit yet?
Well done you for getting yours done.
Now you are teasing talking about my most fave coffee stop ;)
I have to say, I'm most inspired by your stunning tags.
Katie x

Shary said...

Sounds like you had fun Kathy, love those tags!!