Monday, 12 November 2012

Morning and welcome to another week- a little competition for you too

Hi there,

Yesterday was a funny old day - it was 3°c when we got up and reached the balmy heights of about 9°c as the day wore on - not exactly spring like but hey ...... I stayed in and I crafted! Hubby went to the flying field but came home early as it was so cold.

Yesterday afternoon he was across at the neighbours, doing a few bits and bobs. Said neighbour/pal very kindly offered to cook Sunday lunch around 4:30 is for us both - works for me!!! Now this neighbour/pal doesn't do dessert so imagine our delight when she dished up a splendid big bowl of the PERFECT comfort food, a lovely rich creamy rice pudding! Well, I can't remember the last time Debbie served a dessert that was more than fruit or ice cream (all perfectly acceptable desserts but .... on a cold day nothing beats comfort food now - does it?) so we had to have it recorded for posterity so .... here it is - me with all the essentials for a perfect meal ..... a great big glass of chilled white and a steaming bowl of rice pud! Uh and the jar of mint sauce should be giving you all a clue as to the main course - YUMMMM! Thanks Debbie

Who ate all the pud????

And, after that, we also came home with a dessert doggy bag too! My pal suggested a CAPTION competition ..... if I get 10 or more suggested captions (play nice, people!!) for the above photo then I will ask my pal to pick a winner and there may even be a prize - I'll keep it open till Friday 16th November - NOW CLOSED

I'm staying in today as I'm waiting on both a collection and a delivery and my new Sir Tim of Holtz blueprint minis have just turned up too! I shall most probably be batch making Christmas tags - and I'll share this first one with you and see what you all think.




Materials used:
  • Kraft card die cut using a Go Kreate tag die
  • Sparkle 'n Sprinkle snowman image and Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Versacolour onyx black ink
  • Copic atyou Spica glitter pens and white gel pen (Uniball) to colour
  • Red/white bakers twine

Happy Monday - stay warm and stay dry!

12 comments:

judit said...

Hi Kathyk, I love that tag! Fantastic! Hope you have a great week! judit x

Debs M said...

love this tag...hmmm a caption x

Brenda Brown said...

Love the stamped image you have used to create this gorgeous tag Kathy. We had rice pudding too lol.
hugs {brenda} xox

scrappyjacky said...

A caption eh??? How about
"are you sure I have to eat as well as drink?

Katiejane said...

"Bugger, why did I put mint sauce in my rice pudding?" The look on your face is screaming it lol!
Ha ha, I have a stupid sense of humor I know :)
Fantastic tag Kathy, love the kraft. Hope it's not too cold over there, it's a little bitter here today. Scarf time YAY!
Have a great day.
Katie x

Lilian said...

Great tag Kathy.
Caption. " Should I mix the wine with the rice to save time"
Hugs
lilian

Louise said...

I have been pondering this and haven't come up with anything as good as the others, just simply 'sitting pretty' or 'the cat who got the cream, oh sorry I mean rice pudding'.
Looks like you had a nice time.

Cherry said...

Always up for a challenge, Kathy contemplated what she could create from her recently received craft swap items...

That is the best I can do. Looks fab and Rice Pud is one of my favs. Hope the cold goes away soon.

Hugs Cherry XXx

Aileen said...

Hi Kathy. I love your tag. That something I need to get a start on!

x

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Beautiful designed tag.

Darnell J Knauss said...

"Wine first or pudding first? Wine first or pudding first? Wine ..."

You look very lovely, Kathy, very relaxed and very happy. Contented is more like it and why not after being treated like a queen by your amazing neighbor?! I'm wondering if you could post the actual street address of said Debbie person? Thank you so much!

Your tag is warm and cozy - love it!!

Kathyk said...

NOW CLOSED