Back to the challenge - I immediately thought of some metal letters I've had for a while when I thought HARDWARE but then realised that the reason I'd thought of them was because Chrissie had already used them! DOH! Back to the drawing board, anyway, here's my card ....
- 12½ cm square white 250 gsm card and matching envelope
- 13cm length of metal tape, run through a hardware style embossing folder
- Anita's key image inked in permanent black ink on to shrink plastic, a hole punched in the key handle and then .... well, shrunk!
- Metal tape and key image dabbed with a Tim Holtz blending tool and felt pad, using pink, plum, turquoise and gold alcohol inks
- A hole was punched in the metal tape before peeling off the backing and my key attached using a gold coloured brad before attaching to the card
- My Imagine That sentiment and Papermania sentiment was then inked directly on to the base card using Versafine onyx black ink.
I should probably also point out that I cut the tape in half lengthwise and repeated the above process, for the insert and used just a stamped key image. I figure I covered the hardware element pretty completely by using the industrial style embossing folder, the metal tape, metal alcohol inks AND door hardware in the form of the key - do you think I did?!?!? I'm also entering this card in the challenge over on Our Creative Corner where their challenge is "ALCOHOL INKS" - with thanks to Clare for mentioning their challenge
I'm just waiting on my pal to select a winning caption for the rice pudding photo from last weekend peeps!