Sunday, 18 November 2012

Sunday Funday

Morning readers,

It's official - I've finished writing my Christmas cards - blimey - how many!? How many do you all write? Am I overdoing it at 61 handmade cards? I've cut my list down a little since giving up work in 2007 but it still seems like such a lot and cards are heading to European, American and Australian destinations - hence my starting to write them this week. I've done a few a day so I didn't get writers cramp!

Hubby's headed off to the flying field where his idea of fun is to stand out in 4°c temperatures and fly model planes! Brrr - wouldn't suit me but I'm so glad he has a hobby. Me? I've been indoors indulging in a fix of Christmas!

On the Pan Pastels blog their new challenge has been launched and it is: RED and GREEN, a TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS!



Materials used:
  • White, 14 cm square, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching envelope
  • 13½ cm square panel of dark green card (will be using the offcut as a matting layer for my image)
  • 13 cm square panel of white card
  • FOR THE BACKING PAPER: - Inkadinkado flourishes (snowflake and holly) mounted on to one acrylic block and stamped using versamark ink.
  • Permanent red Pan Pastel applied liberally to the stamped flourishes and then buffed before setting with hairspray
  • FOR THE IMAGE PANEL: - Petaluma Santa image inked using Memento tuxedo black
  • Alchol markers to colour
  • Narrow white satin ribbon tied in to a knot off centre
  • Penny Black sentiment inked using Versafine onyx black
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

Hope you like it and wish me luck, those lovely people over at PP's offer a prize of some pan pastels for the winning entry ..... and I don't have many!



I'm also entering this for the TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS challenge over on Stamping Sensations where the prize is some fab IndigoBlu products - woo hoo - wish me luck with this too .... pretty please! This challenge remains open till the end of November

Have a fab Sunday

12 comments:

clare said...

it looks really great kathy, very festive! well done on writing your cards. I know I need to make a handful of special cards but I could get on writing the others. have a great sunday. x

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely traditional card,Kathy.....I've almost finished mine as well.....though not writing in them!!

pinky said...

Kathy this is just gorgeous, love your image and love that paper! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Debs M said...

great card, love the bp! x

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabulous traditional Christmas card kathy, loving your take on the red/green colours and that red PP background is amazing.

Good luck with both challenges and thanks for the link to Stamnping Sensations - that one had slipped through my 'radar'. Both challenges have fantastic prizes, well worth entering for.
luv
wynneth
x

Darnell J Knauss said...

Congratulations on a job well done, Kathy! I hope you are completely over your cold so that effort doesn't cause a relapse. I don't get to make cards for our 70 or so people because since the twinks were born, we do a photo card. But I do still write personal notes on many. As soon as our Thanksgiving is over next week, I need to decide on a photo and get ours ordered so I'm not sending cards after the new year!!

BTW, love your bright and beautiful Santa classic card! Good luck with the challenge!!

brenda said...

This is a really gorgeous image Kathy and you made a lovely traditional feeling card with it.

Thanks so much to joining in with our Traditional Christmas theme at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

B x

Inkyfingers said...

Gorgeous image Kathy and the colouring is superb. Go rest your writing arm after that mammoth session!

Katina said...

Beautiful card Kathy! Love the background you made.

I don't send anywhere near that amount of cards any more and, if I did, I don't think I'd be making them! Well done you!!
xx

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous card Kathy - love the red flourish background. Thanks for linking to PanPastel UK this week.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lilian said...

Love the paper Kathy.Well done KatieJane on being the caption winner. Hugs
lilian

joanne wardle said...

wow you are organised and your card is lovely too.