Hubby's headed off to the flying field where his idea of fun is to stand out in 4°c temperatures and fly model planes! Brrr - wouldn't suit me but I'm so glad he has a hobby. Me? I've been indoors indulging in a fix of Christmas!
On the Pan Pastels blog their new challenge has been launched and it is: RED and GREEN, a TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS!
- White, 14 cm square, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching envelope
- 13½ cm square panel of dark green card (will be using the offcut as a matting layer for my image)
- 13 cm square panel of white card
- FOR THE BACKING PAPER: - Inkadinkado flourishes (snowflake and holly) mounted on to one acrylic block and stamped using versamark ink.
- Permanent red Pan Pastel applied liberally to the stamped flourishes and then buffed before setting with hairspray
- FOR THE IMAGE PANEL: - Petaluma Santa image inked using Memento tuxedo black
- Alchol markers to colour
- Narrow white satin ribbon tied in to a knot off centre
- Penny Black sentiment inked using Versafine onyx black
- Crystal stickles to highlight
I'm also entering this for the TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS challenge over on Stamping Sensations where the prize is some fab IndigoBlu products - woo hoo - wish me luck with this too .... pretty please! This challenge remains open till the end of November