Saturday, 10 November 2012

Saturday and another challenge launched ....

Morning all

Chilly but sunny here this morning when I got up and, after a good night's sleep, I'm raring to go! It is, however, raining now so the light for photography is pants! Ah well, can't win 'em all!

Not much crafting yesterday as I picked yesterday to start wrapping my Christmas presents and making some tags.

Using Bakers Twine, Inkadinkado images, Sparkle 'n Sprinkle glitter/tinsel and Festive Berries Distress Ink

Using gold twine, red card, Inkadinkado image, platinum stickles and a silver pen

Over on Simply Less Is More the new challenge for the week is a One Layer Card featuring the theme of HOUSES. Being ready and raring to go this morning and LOVING CAS cards - here's my take on the theme ...



Materials used:
  • 250 gsm white C6 card and matching envelope
  • Hero Arts row of houses stamped using Versafine black onyx ink
  • Imagine That New Home and Papermania Best Wishes sentiments stamped using Versafine black onyx ink
  • Black Faber Castell Pitt pen (S) used to draw border freehand

I DO love the Clean And Simple and relish the OLC weeks (One Layer Card), I think the simplicity of the monochrome colour scheme suits this new home card, don't you?

Have a great weekend - try and avoid the cold and the wet!!

22 comments:

Monica said...

Wow Kathy, love that doodled border and such a lovely sentiment. Super card.
Monicaxxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kathy
Fabulous stamp.... I am struggling with this one.....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Debs M said...

great tags, is the second one a buy from thursday? fabby olc too x

Suzilou said...

Wow wrapping presents already, I haven't even brought any yet! Loving the tags, I should really make a start.

Great house stamp and I do like your free hand border :) xx

clare said...

fab card, i really love those xmas tags. x

My name is Wynneth said...

Well done you on starting your gift wrapping and tag making - I'm waaaay behind with starting mine !

Loving your LIM houses card, great design and I especially like the doodling round the edges. As soon as I saw the theme I immediately thought of the stamp we both bought (I think ?) at Violettes. Once I'm home I'll be making an entry using that I think.

Hope you stay warm and cosy, we have cloudy patches and sunshine here. Stu arrived safely as did mr tom yesterday, so we are having a family day today.
luv
wynneth
x

Jan Ltc said...

What a great LIM card hun. Thanks for the positive vibes xx Jan

The-crafty-corner said...

Hello there-This is lovely-really simple,but striking image-i like it ! :) xx

Loli said...

Hola Kathy thank you for yours congrats to me:D.
Gorgeous card Kathy, i like the silhouettes houses, and the doodling border is a great idea, well done Kathy.You have start very soon wrapping yours christmas presents but ithink never is so soon:D:D:D.
Hugs from Palma

Lynne said...

Super card Kathy.
Lynne xxx

Chrissie said...

This is such a great stamp Kathy, great bunch of houses.
Super card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Anne said...

Nice border! Like your card but worried you are wrapping presents already, I haven't bought any yet!

Vicky Hayes said...

You're so organised with wrapping gifts already Kathy! Love the row of houses on your card and I agree the monochrome colour scheme is perfect. Vicky x

Karen said...

Brilliant card - perfect for the challenge Kathy. Can't believe you're wrapping presents already......

Karen x

GinaA said...

So like the row of houses, love the monochrome theme. Very impressed with the Christmas preparations.

Rosemary said...

your LIM card is fab... almost used the same stamp for my card!

Louise said...

Love those robin tags. I must get on and make some tags for Christmas presents...
Fab new home card too

Sue said...

Fab CAS card, Kathy and your little robin tags and so cute.

Aileen said...

Must make some tags too. Yours are so sweet. Love the little row of houses. x

Julia said...

Yes! A lovely silhouette card, I love those. Thank you for commenting on my card too.
Julia

Jen said...

just love those little houses kathy

Thanks so much for joining us
Jen
Less Is More

Daen'Ys said...

I love this black and white. A beautiful card, and your tags are great too!

Rosi x