Friday, 2 November 2012

ooh and another weekend looms large

Morning,

Well what a funny old day it is today? Sun was out first thing, next time you look out it's absolutely LASHING down with rain. Ten minutes ago the sun was shining gloriously and I was thinking of going out for a walk - boy, am I glad I didn't? - as it's back to lashing down again!! Sort yourself out, weather!!!

Postman rang the doorbell this morning with a package and a couple of letters.

My fabulous candy from Brenda's blog offered in celebration of her 400th follower arrived this morning - it's fantabulous and I hastened off to thank her. Her snowy creation for today is simply glorious - if you haven't seen it then do stop by.


Also in this delivery from our postie was a letter and challenge from my Isle of Skye trading card buddy. My regular readers will possibly recall that we have been exchanging letters for some years now and have taken to sending one another materials we have used to make an ATC. Upon receipt of these materials we set about constructing an ATC using all or most of the materials and then returning it to the sender along with materials for another and so on ..... the original ATC is sent in the next letter. We've been surprised at how different they can look too - only two or three times have they turned out to be almost identical! It's a cool way to keep a swap fresh. Anyway, I digress, here are my challenge materials and I need to set to work on them today ....



What do you think? Got any ideas yourselves? I shall be off to hit the table of craftiness a soon as I've posted this .....

And now for the Friday Funny and this week it's courtesy of Lilian once more - thanks Lilian. ENJOY


Drinking and Driving


I would like to share an experience with you all, about drinking and driving. As you well know, some of us have been known to have had brushes with the authorities on our way home from the odd social session over the years.


A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends and had a few too many beers and some rather nice Merlot. Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before - I took a bus home.


I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise, as I have never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got this one. boom boom!!!!



Have a great weekend everyone - stay safe if you are heading to a firework party.


5 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

Glad it arrived so quickly and that you like the bits and pieces, have fun playing with it all.
We have had sun today but there are dark clouds looming.
Enjoy your weekend, but no bus rides please.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lilian said...

Great blog candy kathy. I know you will have fun with it all.
Hugs
lilian

Darnell J Knauss said...

Lilian's funny is an oldie, but goodie, and had me laughing!

Glad you made it home safe and sound from your Florida adventures! You have lots of fabulous new toys to play with and you've wasted no time getting back to getting marvelously crafty!!

My name is Wynneth said...

Interesting ATC materials kathy, looking forward to seeing what you do with them ! Great FF too :OD

That's an awesome package of Candy you won there matey, I can see lots of potential there for wondrous projects.

luv
w
x

clare said...

Enjoy your blog candy it looks fabulous! X