Sunday, 25 August 2013

Morning and welcome to a mellow Sunday

Morning readers,
 
How's your Bank Holiday weekend coming along? Been up to much?
 
 
Here's the main card - can you see my little dolphin?
 
And a close up so you can see the dolphin!
 
Materials used:
  • 14cm square white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Black card and cerise mirri card, for matting and layering
  • 12cm square white card
  • Distress Inks: tumbled glass, broken china and faded jeans smooshed on to a craft mat and then spritzed before dragging the white card panel through, heat drying and then repeating till I was happy with the pattern and coverage.
  • Art Journey water droplets (by Ryn) image stamped using Memento Paris dusk
  • Tsukineko shimmer GOOSEBUMPS sprayed over the inked panel to A) seal it and B) give it texture and shimmer
  • Blue organza ribbon wrapped around the inked panel and cerise mirri card and tied in to a bow
  • Embossing Art Co dolphin image stamped on to shrink plastic using Ranger Archival jet black ink and coloured using alcohol markers.
  • I punched a 3/8" hole in my dolphin BEFORE shrinking.
  • Heat gun to shrink the image
  • jump ring threaded through the dolphin "charm" and around the knot of the "bow" before fastening closed
It's RUDOLPH DAY on the newly opened crafting forum craftbubble2½ (membership necessary to enter this challenge) and it's Cherry's turn to set this month's challenge. She's gone with "use red and paper piece" and has started the ball rolling with a fab card of her own. Guess I'll be working on that soon. It's one of the first challenges on this new forum arising, as it has, phoenix like from the ashes of the now defunct Craftbubble.com and Auntys forums and I'm HOPING it will be well supported, especially as it will serve to assist in making sure we all have enough Christmas cards when the time comes rolling round!.

Cherry's own card for her challenge
 
 
It's also a new challenge over on the Pan Pastels challenge blog too, so I'll probably be having a go at that later. Their challenge (#34) is pastel colours - it's worth remembering that you don't HAVE to use pan pastels to be able to enter but you DO get the chance to win some of the pastel lusciousness!! GOOD LUCK
 
Have a great Bank Holiday Sunday and I HOPE the weather is nice where you are!
 

4 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Pretty cards Kathy, I think I could actually have a go at the Rudolph challenge myself, if I get a bit of time this week. I hope it doesn't rain as much today as your first card.

My name is Wynneth said...

I love, lve, love how you've used this fabby stamp matey ! Love that lush bow nd the mini dolphin too. Guess I love everything about this card !

Fabby RD too, those blueprint stamps are brilliant aren't they and your PP is perfick. I must try and create an entry for Cherry's challenge.

Luv
Wynneth
X

Debs M said...

great effect with that stamp Kathy and fab idea to use the dolphin!

Will never get any revision done there is too much crafting to do!!!!

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Both terrific cards Kathy and both so different.

Rained first thing this morning but it's bucked its ideas up and I now have washing on the line.

Off to Art Journal . . . I'll be in my craft room if you need me!

Hugs
Sarn xxx