Saturday, 31 August 2013

Saturday challenge day ....

Morning readers and followers,
 
Today sees the launch of a new challenge over at one of my fave challenge blogs - Simply Less Is More. Their new challenge is to USE A RUBBER STAMP and they have a sponsor this week, in the shape of PENNY BLACK. Now, I've sent out rather too many GET WELL cards lately and needed to stock up a bit. To those friends who are poorly - feel better soon peeps. Anyway, here's today's card ....

Here's the card ...

And a close up - to show the sheen, though the pink's not QUITE dry yet - no patience, me!!!

And a peek at both the card and envelope - trust me, the insert matches too!

The stamps used - lucky I found that errant sentiment set!

And the fabulous radiant pearls too
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300 gsm, scallop edged card and a matching sized envelope
  • Kraft card for matting and white card for my image panel
  • Penny Black Constellations 3867K stamped using Versafine vintage sepia ink
  • Imagine That Write big #2 "Get Well" sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Radiant pearls: mayan gold and sugar plum painted on to the ends of the spray, to give interest and sheen - does it qualify as water colouring? Only the LIM-ettes can tell me that ......

Hope you like it and I hope my fellow LIM-ettes do too!

And, since it IS challenge day - here's another card, this time for the Addicted to CAS challenge which, currently, MUSIC ....



Materials used:
  • White, 300 gsm, scallop edged C6 card and matching sized envelope
  • Black and white card for matting and image panel
  • Kaisercraft "rocks" image stamped using Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet
  • Kaisercraft "alphabet" image stamped using Memento London fog
  • Lost Coast Designs ATC sized music image stamped using Versafine onyx black
 
Here's a little something for you to ponder today too - this came to me courtesy of a regular provider of my Friday Funny - it's not overly funny (so I wouldn't use it for a F.F.) but I wanted to share it ..... thanks Marsha
 
Here's another trick of Doctor Dementia to test your skills....I've  seen this with the letters out of order, but this  is the first time I've seen it with numbers. Good  example of a Brain Study: If you can read this OUT LOUD,   you have a strong mind. And better than that:  Alzheimer's is a long long, way down the road before it ever gets anywhere near you.

 

7H15      M3554G3

53RV35      7O PR0V3
H0W      0UR M1ND5 C4N
D0      4M4Z1NG 7H1NG5!
1MPR3551V3      7H1NG5!
1N      7H3 B3G1NN1NG
17      WA5 H4RD BU7
N0W,      0N 7H15 LIN3
Y0UR      M1ND 1S
R34D1NG      17
4U70M471C4LLY
W17H      0U7 3V3N
7H1NK1NG      4B0U7 17,
B3      PROUD! 0NLY
C3R741N      P30PL3 C4N
R3AD      7H15.
PL3453      F0RW4RD 1F
U      C4N R34D 7H15.

 

To my 'selected' strange-minded friends: If you can read the following paragraph, forward it on to  your friends with 'yes' in the subject line. Only great minds can read this. This is weird, but interesting!


 

If you can read this, you have a strange mind, too. Can you read this? Only 55 people out of 100  can.
 
I cdnuolt  blveiee  that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I  was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of   the hmuan  mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it  dseno't  mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt  tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset  can  be a taotl mses and you can still raed it  whotuit a pboerlm. This is  bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey  lteter by istlef, but the word as  a wlohe.  Azanmig  huh?  Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

 
 
 
Have a great weekend


20 comments:

Debs M said...

Lovely card Kathy - great effect with the radiant pearls!
I can read both paragraphs - does that make me strange ? :)

Kathyk said...

Well it makes me strange too then, Debs, because I can read both too!!!

Kathyk

Fat Dormouse said...

I love the card - and was absolutely fascinated by how quickly and easily I was able to read both of the paragraphs. That is really amazing - and slightly bizarre!

dormouse.wibsite.com

Jacqueline said...

Love your card, you have used this stamp beautifully!

The Crafty Laydee said...

Beautiful LIM card Kathy(love that stamp!)and it looks great the way you embellished it.Music card looks fabby too-oh,and i must be more than a little demented as i could happily read both paragraphs tee hee!
Have a great weekend,
Nessa xx

Jen said...

kathy love your card ... and the brain tests too

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen x
"Less Is More"

Anne said...

Kathy two beautiful CAS cards today, love the music and the sheen on your flower petals
Anne
x

Kimberley said...

Love your card and the little tests - I always knew I was brilliant (wink)!

Gillian R said...

Gorgeous cards Kathy

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Wahoooo . . . I hvae a srtnage mnid as I can raed btoh of 'em!

Hgus
SraN
xxx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Oops! Frogot to say how loevly yuor crad is! xxx

Margaret said...

Love both your cards Kathy and, yes another strange one here as well!
Margaret x

Paula Whittaker said...

both fab cards.

mypapercraftworld said...

Just lovely, Kathy, those shimmery flower heads are simply stunning! The subtlety of your music card is gorgeous ... gentle and elegant! So, from one strange brain to another ... Anita :)

Jane Willis said...

gorgeous cards Kathy, especially the get well card. I think I'm getting addicted to flower heads!

Jan Ltc said...

Love it xx Jan

Gerrina said...

Finally got the time to look here... Both cards are beautiful! The pearl-colour on the LIM card is great!
Oh, the braintest I did it on FB already and oké, like a few other creative people, I´m a bit wird, but that´s nothing new; how else would we dream up something new every time... The test is a bit more strange to me, while it´s in english and as you can see, that ain´t my daily used language... Have a fun week, Gerrina

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Fabulous Music card design Kathy - love the soft background stamping.
Thank you so much for joining in the fun again at ATCAS - hope we will see you next time too.
Sylvia xx
You have just made an old lady happy - I read both paragraphs, without any problems whatsoever!! Whew - that's a load off my mind!! x

Claudia said...

Hi Kathy, how wonderful. Love the stamp and the great detail with the glimmer. Great card. Also the one with the music notes, fabulous.
Hugs Claudia

Daen'Ys said...

Your card is gorgeous Kathy! The beautiful shimmer of the flowers is magical and on the second card, I love the beautiful background to the music notes!
Great brain training!!
Rosi x