Yesterday, my hubby decided to treat my car (UGLY) and give it it's annual wash! Must've thought it was it's birthday! Looks great - I just have to hope it's not the dirt holding it together now!
What was I doing whilst he was cleaning my car? Well I just know you'll be pleased to hear that I was trying to track down the errant set of clear stamps that I had lost. Hubby took the drawer out and - nope - it wasn't down the back there. I set about sorting through the CR*P on my craft table and went through the container I normally put all my offcuts in to ... wasn't there either but I threw away (sorry, recycled) all the titchy little bits I now KNOW I'll never use! It had fallen down the gap between the couch and my little table - A-Ha, so glad to have it restored to it's rightful place - alas, too late for the project I planned to use it on but ..... there's always NEXT TIME!
|My flowerpot became a birds nest|
|I gussied up my mini cotton reel|
|My plain little bird got tarted up too|
|And it all came together like so!|
- I was provided with the bird, flowerpot and mini cotton reel, along with the reindeer moss
- Gesso, white, two coats on the flower pot, the bird and the mini cotton reel.
- Acrylic white paint with luna light mica paint (raspberry colour - it's the only one I have) and Iridescent medium applied to the mini cotton reel, the flower pot and the bird
- Judikins text stamp (from one of their cubes) stamped on to the bird, Dylusions checkerboard stamped on to the mini cotton reel and Clarity Stamp feather (just the end of, used to create the wings) stamped using Ranger Archival jet black
- Black faux pearls for the birds "eye"
- Reindeer moss was attached to the flower pot using Aleene's tacky glue
- White net wrapped around the mini cotton reel and tied in to a bow
And, honestly, don't these people know the balloon fiesta was WEEKS ago? With the wind in totally the wrong direction for us the entire weekend!!! This kind of sight is quite common all year round which probably goes some way towards explaining why we've never actually attended the Balloon Fiesta ..... though part of me would really like to see their NIGHT GLOW!! Ah well, maybe one year!
Happy Tuesday, whatever you all have planned!