Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Welcome to another Wednesday .......

Morning all,
 
Welcome to hump day Wednesday, or What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday - the day we crafters like to share our creative desks with the World ... as pretty much always, mine's a bit of a mess!! No surprise there then!
 
 
52Christmas Card Throwdown have launched their August challenge and it's a sketch ... here's my festive make for this .... another to add to my growing collection for 2014 - as is my habit, I went CAS (Clean An Simple):-
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel (x 2 - 200gsm) for the image panel
  • Turquoise card for matting (x 2) for matting, cut to fit my image panel using the 1/16" perfect layering ruler and a craft knife
  • Festive banner images (from Hero Arts or Penny Black) stamped using Memento Bahama blue and Adirondack red pepper inks
  • Hobbycraft sentiment stamped using Memento Paris dusk ink
  • Stardust stickles and faux crystal gemstones to highlight
 
And the sketch that was set with the challenge?
 
 
 
 
Last evening we tried a new restaurant (to us) and, along with a pal, we went to the Watersky restaurant. Now, it came to a point when (after two large lagers, I had to visit the little girls room ....) I was so astonished I had to go back, with my cell phone and take a photo!!! Can you guess what sort of restaurant it was?





Frankly, I've never seen anything quite like it!!! Can you imagine entering the ladies room and being confronted by that?!?!?!? Sadly, the little boys room (so we're told) was nothing like so elaborate - for shame!!! Apparently, and on a food related note, the restaurant caters for authentic Chinese cuisine but we didn't want the heads (or feet) left on our food and chose something slightly more Westernised! We opted for the all you can eat buffet which was tremendous value and supremely tasty - WE SHALL GO AGAIN! The ONLY downside of eating Chinese food as that I ALWAYS (always always) waken at least once with such a thirst ..... LUCKILY I had taken a pint of water to bed with me as we had an interrupted water supply again last night and the water is running both brownish and full of air again this morning!


And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday .....
 

I've seen it looking considerably worse!
 
Have a great Wednesday

13 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Wow Kathy, that is one very super CAS Christmas card, I love your style hunny. And I am slightly speechless about that loo.....! Have a great day. Hugs xx

cheryl Baker said...

oh love the cas card hun its stunning really,love your style,hun,brilliant, as for the loo love it lol,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

scrappyjacky said...

Love that card....simple, but so pretty.

SARN said...

Brilliant CAS Festive Card Kathy.

Never seen the like of the WC either!

Must be either the MSG or the salt content of the Chinese that gives you a thirst.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Viv's Visuals said...

Flippin eck Kathy.. what a loo!!!! LOL
Sorry not been visiting - like the proverbial loonie asylum here... Love the Christmas card - pinned doe shameless copying at a later date (probably 23rd December!! LOL)

Debs M said...

great card, love the flags - very fancy toilet! x

Mynn xx said...

This card is AMAZING! I LOVE the patriotic colors and I also adore that sentiment! Fabulous toilet, too, lol! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

Deepti said...

Beautiful Christmas card, those red and blue banners looks awesome !

Darnell J Knauss said...

Too funny, Kathy! I never know WHAT I'm going to find here and sure enough, you came through with the prize photo this week! What a THRONE!! Your desk is looking pretty good for you, I agree, and I love, love, love your Chrissie card!! Thank you for coming by to see me! Happy WOYWW and have a terrific week! Hugs, Darnell #18

Lesley Thomas said...

Love the card Kathy, but I'm blowed if I could create something like that on the little corner of your desk you have to manage on. It would be like trying to craft with your elbows tucked in tight to your sides!
The Loo is incredible!

Deborah Frings said...

Perfectly clean, simple and so elegant. Love the colours and touch of bling. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

lilybygilly said...

I like how you've let the sentiment be the main element, and the pretty snowflakes are lovely.

Thanks for joining us at 52CCT this week.

Hugs,
Gill xx
52CCT Design Team

Patricia H. said...

I really like the little touches of sparkle you've added to the banners and the sentiment. Thanks for playing along in our sketch challenge at 52{C}CT! :)