Tuesday, 18 October 2016

Welcome to Tuesday

Morning

There I was, seated at the ToC (Table of Craftiness) and crafting my socks off when (Horror of Horrors) my beloved glue expired with a puff and a splat of glue and then it was .. no more! DISAAASTER dahling as I was mid glue at the time. Nothing for it but to use a glue runner, which I fortunately had in stock! I don't really have much confidence in them although I know many people use them, I even know people who use glue sticks (something else I've never had the confidence in the permanence of) ..... and would be really interested if you would (if have the time) simply add your favourite glue medium and make when leaving a comment - THANK YOU in advance peeps. Now, on to the card in question.

My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5"
  • Two pieces of black card cut to 4" x 5.25"
  • Rubber Moon image stamped using Memento tuxedo black and coloured using alcohol markers - this adorable image is new stash and was acquired from the Owl and the Pussycat in Fort Myers recently.
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Recollections "swipe" image inked up using Ranger Archival watering can ink but stamped off once before making an impression, to simulate grounding
  • Recollections splatter stamped using Hero Arts neon yellow ink
  • Kaisercraft glitter gel pens to highlight and colour
  • Crystal stickles to bling it up still further


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. The Crazy Challenge - challenge No. 233 - USE RED
  2. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 132 - ANYTHING GOES

And a masculine card ....


My card
The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope
The inside of my card - another left purposely without a sentiment
Materials used:
  • White, 250gs, C6/A2 card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5"
  • Two snippets of white card on to which I stamped the Stampers Anonymous "plane" and sentiment, using Ranger Archival jet black ink and colouring the background using alcohol markers before matting the image on to a snippet of black card.
  • I covered the image panel with the mod podge dimensional gloss and left it overnight to dry - can't tell you how many times I've returned to "test" too early and ended up with finger marks in the gloss!
  • Narrow black and white ribbon
  • TCW stencil through which I applied Ranger Archival watering can ink using a piece of cut and dry foam




My original card, shown below, looked okay but I felt the additional sentiment added a little "je ne sais quoi" - don't you agree?


My ORIGINAL card, before I modified it .. for better or worse
I'll be entering the finished make for the following challenges:-
  1. Dream Valley challenges - challenge No. 142 - ONE FOR THE BOYS
  2. Take a Word - October 16th challenge - AND THE WORD IS .. MASCULINE
  3. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 334 - ANYTHING GOES


12 comments:

lilian said...

Two more great cards mate.

Lilian

Di said...

Wow Kathy! That froggy on her shopping trip is fabulous. Such a fun image and great card. Love the masculine one too.

I use almost every adhesive known to man, depending on what I'm sticking together. Runners, Glossy Accents for gems, DST in all strengths, glue pens, hot glue gun etc. etc. But mostly I use wet glue as you do, and folk who say the results can feel a bit 'crisp' are probably being too liberal. The glue I swear by is Collall All Purpose glue, keeping an empty bottle to use the spreader rather than gunk up the one in use. And also decant some into Woodware Ultra Fine Line bottles for fiddly work.The End.

Hugs

Di xx
ver

Debs M said...

great makes = glad to hear the disaster was avoided! x

SARN said...

Oh, goodness me . . . I've looked and looked at the plane card with and without the sentiment and just CANNOT decide if it's better one way or the other, so I'm going to sit smack bang on the fence and say I like them both EQUALLY!

Your toad card is hilarious. What an image!

As to glue . . . well, my all time favourite is Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic glue which dries clear pretty much instantly and sticks EVERYTHING down firmly. I get in a mess with glue tape runners and find them frustrating. If I ever use a glue stick, it's a Tombow one and no other brand. The Tombow glue stick seems to stick paper down well, but that's all I would ever use it for.

I've decanted my fave Cosmic Shimmer glue into a fine tip bottle from SU to stick my die cuts down with . . . LOVE IT!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

SARN said...

PS: I should probably add that for ALL my matting and layering of images, I use double sided sticky tape. But for any wet glue work I reach for the Cosmic Shimmer every time! xxx

Pat said...

I love your fun toad with her cute red and black spotty dress, and the plane is a great masculine image and the shine from the modge podge suits it beautifully. I have used Collall photo glue because it can be rubbed away if it gets on the front of a project but I have found lately that it doesn't seem to stick as well so for matting and layering I have gone back to double sided tape, and for die cut sentiments and anything very fiddly I use Stick It adhesive which is applied before cutting. I do use Glossy accents for sticking down bows or gems and I do like the way Cosmic Shimmer glue sticks almost instantly, but if you do get it on the the card is does leave a shimmery mark, and I am not the cleanest of workers unfortunately and I do hate it if things don't stick right to the edge. Isn't it amazing how much there is to say about glues..lol. x

Barb said...

Hi Kathy, I love your frog in her spotty dress. The masculine card looks fantastic. I love the plane image. I agree with you the sentiment does look really super.

I don't often use tape runners as although I have some in stock I seem to mess them up very quickly. They won't run properly and I end up throwing them away hardly used. I use very thin double sided tape and Collal all purpose most of the time. Glue dots are a favourite for adding bows and I often use Cosmic shimmer dries clear for lots of jobs although I spend ages poking down the hole with that. Barbxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Woohoo! Fab cards mate. My favourite glue is still Cosmic Shimmer. Lx

Kathleen said...

Two really lovely cards. especially the really cute first card, great male card too.
I use Cosmic shimmer for a wet glue which is mostly for images and things but for backing card and paper I would not be without my Scotch advanced tape glider, so much quicker and easier than double sided tape which seems to rip my fingers a little. Really great as well if you are batch making.

Kath x

Kathleen said...

Also, forgot to add that for paper piecing I use either a Quickie Glue pen or a Zig chisel tip 2 way glue pen.

Kath x

Neva Zver said...

Great card love the design. Thanks for playing with us at Dream Valley Challenges!
Neva DT

Valentina Ivanova said...

Great cards! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge! Good Luck! Valentina DT