Saturday, 29 October 2016

Welcome to Saturday ....

Hi peeps,

Well Woo Hoo it's the weekend ... and the first card I have to share with you kind of looks like Santa is of the same opinion!

My card ... isn't this Santa just the cutest?!??!

The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope

The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5" and 4" x 5.24"
  • Black card cut to 4" x 5.25"
  • Snippets of white card (one coloured with a red alcohol marker) and black
  • Length of Christmas ribbon
  • My Favorite Things Santa image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen to add some twinkle
  • Dylusions border image stamped on to my red matting layer using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • White gelly roll gel pen used to doodle a dotty border on to my black matting layer
  • Diamond stickles to highlight the "snow"
  • My Sentiments Exactly Christmas sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink


I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. CRAFT - challenge No. 387 - RIBBON, SPARKLE and SHINE
  2. As You Like It - 20th October challenge - OLD or NEW STASH AND WHY ... new stash and, because it's just one of the most fabulous Santa images and, this time of year, it's getting to be all about SANTA!
  3. Crafting by Designs - October 26th challenge - GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS
  4. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 317 - MAKE YOUR MARK
  5. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 300 - CELEBRATIONS or FESTIVALS

I bought some nice wrapping paper recently, whilst in IKEA, to wrap a specific Christmas gift ..... now thinking it looks a little "ordinary" for Christmas so decided to bling it up with a posh tag using the set above .....


wrapping paper

My tag
Materials used:
  • 2" strip of white card cut to tag size and the corners taken off with a Fiskars corner punch (not used in an absolute AGE)
  • 1.75" strip of white card coloured using a blue alcohol marker and stamped with Recollections sentiment in Ranger Archival jet black ink, an Inkadinkado snowflake repeat stamped using watering can ink 
  • Black card for matting
  • Snippet of white card on to which I stamped my MFT Santa using Memento tuxedo black ink before colouring with alcohol markers, blinging up with diamond stickles and applying Mod Podge dimensional gloss over the fur and beard areas. Once dry I fussy cut this image and attached to my tag
  • Crop-a-dile (ALSO not used in an absolute AGE) used to punch a hole and set an eyelet (3/8")



I'll be entering this tag over at Go Tag Thursday, challenge No. 20 - YOUR FAVOURITE THEME ... my fave theme is CHRISTMAS and Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge, No. 305 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES



It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!!

21 comments:

Brenda said...

I does look like Christmas. Looks as if you are off to a very cute start! Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge!

Pat said...

Two very cute and fun Santas Kathy and the ribbon across the middle goes beautifully and your pretty tag will look great with that paper and love the snowflakes in the background too. x

SARN said...

I LOVE that jolly Santa. Great card and fab tag for your uber cool wrapping paper.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Brilliant Kathy - love your LIM card and the tag is great - love how it will add 'oomph' to that spotty wrapping paper. A perfect combination!

Happy Saturday!

Hugs

Di xx

Esther said...

Fantastic creations Kathy! I love, love, love your cheerful Santa, so much fun. He really made me smile! The tag is fabulous too <3 Both so perfectly CAS and looking great! Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More :)

lilian said...

Kathy you are right her is the cutest Santa, great cards mate

Lilain

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card, great image beautifully coloured.
Elaine

Zoe Sanderson said...

You've had great fun with your Santa Stamp! Terrific bright fun cards and tags love them. XOXO

Clare Lloyd said...

Really love that new image kathy, fab card

Sharon said...

Your Santa is fantastic Kathy and he certainly does look like he's saying "Woo hoo". Love seeing jolly Santa images at Christmas. Such a great idea to use the image on a tag too as it really brightens up the present. I must say that the North Pole ribbon on the card is particularly lush. Thanks so much for joining in our 300th celebration at Less is More xx

hazel said...

I love the cute Santa on your fabulous tag.
xxx Hazel.

Mojca said...

Wow this sure looks pretty! thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

Barb said...

Two really cute Santa's Kathy. Both lovely festive makes. Barbxx

Sandra Wright said...

A super santa with all his glitter..fab tag and a great entry for this weeks challenge.
Thank you for joining us over at Go Tag Thursday..x

Linby said...

I love these santas and how you used them. Did you really wrap a Christmas present already? or was it just for illustrative purposes LOL!

Chrissie said...

I love this Santa Kathy, one of these days I really must add him to my arsenal!
Terrific work as ever!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More!

Gerrina said...

What a great fun santa! Really like your colouring and the bright look! Have a good and colourfull week!

Squirrel x said...

This is just gorgeous, such a great make and what a wonderful way to use your stash, old or new! Thanks for sharing with us at AYLI. Hugs xx

Aunty Sue said...

Totally brilliant and thanks for sharing at craft this week and good luck

Sarah Gray said...

That fun santa is just the best! He always makes me smile :) Thank you so much for celebrating our 300th challenge with us over at Less is More!

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 305 - hope to see you again soon x