Saturday, 22 October 2016

Hey there, SECOND POST OF THE DAY WARNING!!!

Hi there,

Yes, it's me and I'm back with my second post of the day .. if you missed my earlier post then either scroll down or click on this link, I should hate for you all to miss out on a fab Christmas/Seasonal challenge!

Anyhoo, on to more crafting ..

My card
The front and back of my card and the front of my envelope
The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5" and 5" x 5.25"
  • Snippets of card in white and black
  • Studio112 frame stamped on to one of the snippets using Ranger Archival jet black ink and coloured using alcohol markers and Crystal stickles, to highlight. I fussy cut out the centre
  • Art Impressions image stamped on to another white snippet and coloured using alcohol markers and Kaisercraft glitter gel pen with a dash of Mod Podge dimensional gloss on the wine glass .... this was cut to fit my frame with both the glass and hand fashioned to appear outside the frame
  • Piece of purple "wool" wrapped around my base card
  • Stampendous sentiments stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • White gelly roll gel pen used to doodle a dotty border on the black matting layer




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. CAS-ual Friday - challenge  No. 159 - FIGHT LIKE A GIRL
  2. Creative Fingers - challenge No. 118 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Morgans Artworld - challenge No. 21 - FRAME IT
  4. That's Crafty - October 14th challenge - CLEAN AND SIMPLE

I recently canvased opinion regarding glues and said that I had run out of wet glue and had to use a glue tape runner ..this was only a few days ago. I looked at the card I "taperunnered" this morning and 25% of it had started to come away from the base card - thus reinforcing why I needed to get some "proper" glue. I'm going to name and shame because the glue tape runner said it was a "permanent" adhesive, yeah - right .. IF PERMANENT IS THREE DAYS OR LESS! 




Regular readers will know that I LIKE to enter the challenge over at Simply Less Is More but, this week, it's "VELLUM or ACETATE" and I realise that I have NEITHER in my stash!! I know, what are the chances but hey .. I'm no quitter and I DO have a week so .... watch this space!


We'd love you to display our banner

I'm also sorry to have to tell you that I have more stash .. like I NEED more stash but ..


I could so NOT resist this little lot!

Have a terrific weekend


7 comments:

Pat said...

I love your fun card Kathy, beautiful colours too and love that piece of wool, and thanks for the heads up of what tape runner NOT to buy. Finding the right adhesives is an absolute mine field! x

Arlene said...

I love how you framed that wonderful image and how her glass sticks out of the frame. Perfect.

So glad you could join us at Morgan's Artworld.

SARN said...

Fun card!

I can't BELIEVE your PERMANENT tape is already unsticking after 3 days. That is RUBBISH!

Now . . . as far as you having NO ACETATE for the LIM challenge goes . . . what about using some of that stash packaging . . . there must be some amongst it you can snaffle!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

great card and stash - so NOT surprised about the tape runner!!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Such a fun image Kathy and coloured to perfection! I love how you decorate the inside of your card and the envelope to match too! Thank you for your visit to my blog today, it is so appreciated, especially at the moment when I feel so low! Have a wonderful weekend! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Krisha said...

Super fun card Kathy!
I have had the same problem with tape runners sticking for only a few days, and that has sent me back to my "wet" glue. :(
Crafters The Ultimate and Recollections Mixed Media Adhesive.

Line said...

What a great birthday card. Love the image and coloring. <3

Thank you so much for joining us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.

Hugs DT Line