Sunday, 16 October 2016

Another lazy Sunday

Morning all,

A friend asked me to make some birthday cards, some of which needed to be masculine. Don't know about you but these cards USED to scare the bejasus out of me but ...... I made myself make loads and kind of got used to them! Hope you like this one, I do.

My card
The front and back of both my card and envelope
Materials used:-
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 3.75" x 5"
  • Two black card panels cut to 4" x 5.25"
  • Snippets of white card for my images and black card for matting
  • Stampers Anonymous globe image stamped on to one white snippet, using Ranger Archival jet black ink and the S.A. plane stamped on to another snippet using Versafine Majestic Blue and, once dry, fussy cut out
  • Mixing a little of the PH Martin Bombay Ink (Turquoise) with water in a mini mister I sprayed the globe image and set aside to dry
  • Stampendous birthday sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink



I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 251 - USE SNIPPETS
  2. Pennys Paper Crafty - challenge No. 299 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Create and Inspire - challenge No. 53 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Craft Rocket - challenge No. 26 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY
And a more girlie card ....


My card
The front and back of my card and envelope
The inside of my card and the reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 3.75" x 5"
  • Two white card panels cut to 4" x 5.25" and coloured using a red copic marker and then stamped with the Stampers Anonymous checker pattern using Memento rhubarb stalk ink
  • Art Impressions image and sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Stampendous birthday greeting stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol inks and Kaisercraft gel pens used to colour and Crystal stickles to highlight




I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Just Add Ink - challenge No. 333 -  JUST ADD "G" ... I added GLITTER
  2. The House That Stamps Built - challenge No. 1012 - FOOD OR BEVERAGE ... I went with WINE!
  3. Decorate to Celebrate - challenge No. 21 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Perfectly Created Chaos - challenge No. 3 - ALL ABOUT THREE  .... Three ladies celebrating!
  5. Seize the Birthday - October 6th challenge - ANYTHING (Birthday) GOES

20 comments:

LesleyG said...

These are fab Kathy, have a fab lazy Shnday too xxx

lilian said...

Great cards Kathy. I Love both images,

Lilian

SARN said...

Yep . . . LOVING the masculine one AND the feminine one. I still find masculine cards difficult to do.

Happy Sunday xxx

Pat said...

Two fabulous cards Kathy and I love the plane and globe and love that touch of turquoise you have used, and then those fun ladies really make you smile. I love a spritzer myself..lol. x

Dori Shelton said...

Such a fun card! Those little old ladies made me giggle! Thank you for playing along with Perfectly Created Chaos. I hope you come play again soon!

JoAnn said...

Two fun cards. Love the design. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Great cards, love what you've done with the envelopes too. Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

Darnell J Knauss said...

You've taken care of both masculine and feminine cards brilliantly, Kathy! You're an inspiration for getting over the Fear of Masculine Cards! Thank you for the visit. I thought of you several times when I was in MN, worried that you were in the path of Matthew so it was a relief to see your comment!! Hugs, Darnell

Sherrie K. said...

Fantastic cards! The girly one is my favorite~love the old ladies!
Thanks for joining in the challenge at Seize the Birthday!
Sherrie K
Surprise Guest Designer

Jan said...

Such fun and cheerful cards Kathy and I love how you've also made matching envelopes too! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two gorgeous cards Kathy, love the masculine card at the top and the way you've matched the envelop to the card and also love the bottom card too.

Sue xx

Barb said...

Two lovely cards Kathy. The first is a super male card. Barb xx

Heather said...

Two fabulous cards! Love your group of ladies; they look like they are having a great time. And I really love how you decorated the envelopes to match both cards!! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Anet van Zyl said...

Beautiful masculine card Kathy. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny’s Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Di said...

Brilliant Kathy - gosh your male cards are always terrific! I need to make a card for a 15 year old boy and am totally stumped here. It doesn't help that he lives miles away and we never see him so I have no idea what he likes. Len's suggestion for a boy of that age is NOT one I'll be using for a card!!

Hugs

Di xx

Claudia Rogier said...

I like this!!! Thanks for joining us at Create And Inspire.

hugs
Claudia
Dt Create And Inspire
http://creativesketchygirls.blogspot.be/
http://knutselmeisjes.blogspot.be

Kathy S said...

Love that your wine is glittering - so perfect. Thanks for joining us at The House That Stamps built for our Food & Beverage challenge this week. Good luck Kathy.

Patti J said...

Cute as can be...right down to the sparkling wine! Thanks for joining us at The House that Stamps Built!

Christine Blain said...

Your cards are great, Kathy. Thanks for entering your fun, girly, glittery, card in our Just Add Ink challenge this week!

Cara said...

Two very different, but fab cards. Sorry, I'm so late in visiting. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge. Cara DT x