Morning
First order of business today is to welcome my newest follower, Christi, thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon.
If you've been reading my blog much this past week or so then you will know that I've been commissioned to make a bunch of birthday cards and a bunch of blank cards for the "commissionee" (Is that even a word?) to select the appropriate occasion. This is another one of the generic occasion free cards! Hope you like it as much as I do .. it's what I'd like to call "extreme CAS"!
 |
| My card |
 |
| The back and front of my card and front of my envelope |
 |
| The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope |
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, card with matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5" and 4" x 5.25"
- Dina Wakely star image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- My Favourite Things splatter image stamped around the star using Memento rosebud ink
- To the larger white card panel I applied the Memento rosebud ink DTP (Direct To Paper), to form a coloured border
- Crystal stickles used to "bling it up"
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
- Stamplorations - October CAS challenge - ANYTHING CAS GOES with optional twist of BLACK
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 44 - ANYTHING GOES
- Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 355 - ANYTHING GOES

And then I wondered how I could make a card using the star from the above card and yet make it different ...
 |
| My card |
 |
| The front and back of my card and front of my envelope |
 |
| The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope |
Materials used:
- White, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
- Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5" and 4" x 5.25"
- Dina Wakely star image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink, including on to a piece of post it note which I cut to use as a mask
- With my mask in position I stamped the Studio112 frame around the star using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- My Favourite Things splatter image stamped around the base card using Memento grape jelly ink
- Alcohol inks to colour
- TPC Studio sentiment also stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Crystal stickles to bling up the project
Whaddya reckon? Did my "same but different" card look different enough?
Have a great week peeps
6 comments:
Both great cards mate. I know they will love them,
Lilian
Both cards look great Kathy. I think they're perfect for many occasions. Great design work. Barbxx
Uber cool and uber CAS. Loving that star set of stamps.
Have a great day xxx
I love how you made the envelope match the card/cards. Very nice. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)
This is a gorgeous star image and I adore the way you have used it on both cards Kathy. Great colours too. x
What a great set of cards! Thanks for joining the CAS STAMPlorations Challenge!
Lisa
Post a Comment