Monday, 24 October 2016

Welcome to the start of another week

Morning 

First order of business today is to welcome my newest follower, Christi, thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon.

If you've been reading my blog much this past week or so then you will know that I've been commissioned to make a bunch of birthday cards and a bunch of blank cards for the "commissionee" (Is that even a word?) to select the appropriate occasion. This is another one of the generic occasion free cards! Hope you like it as much as I do .. it's what I'd like to call "extreme CAS"!


My card
The back and front of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, card with matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5" and 4" x 5.25"
  • Dina Wakely star image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • My Favourite Things splatter image stamped around the star using Memento rosebud ink
  • To the larger white card panel I applied the Memento rosebud ink DTP (Direct To Paper), to form a coloured border
  • Crystal stickles used to "bling it up"


I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. Stamplorations - October CAS challenge - ANYTHING CAS GOES with optional twist of BLACK
  2. Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - challenge No. 44 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Craft Your Passion - challenge No. 355 - ANYTHING GOES


And then I wondered how I could make a card using the star from the above card and yet make it different ...


My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:

  • White, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5" and 4" x 5.25"
  • Dina Wakely star image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink, including on to a piece of post it note which I cut to use as a mask
  • With my mask in position I stamped the Studio112 frame around the star using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • My Favourite Things splatter image stamped around the base card using Memento grape jelly ink
  • Alcohol inks to colour
  • TPC Studio sentiment also stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crystal stickles to bling up the project





Whaddya reckon? Did my "same but different" card look different enough?

Have a great week peeps

6 comments:

lilian said...

Both great cards mate. I know they will love them,

Lilian

Barb said...

Both cards look great Kathy. I think they're perfect for many occasions. Great design work. Barbxx

SARN said...

Uber cool and uber CAS. Loving that star set of stamps.
Have a great day xxx

Sandy Palmer said...

I love how you made the envelope match the card/cards. Very nice. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)

Pat said...

This is a gorgeous star image and I adore the way you have used it on both cards Kathy. Great colours too. x

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

What a great set of cards! Thanks for joining the CAS STAMPlorations Challenge!
Lisa