Friday, 14 October 2016

Welcome to the weekend .. and the Friday Funny

Morning all

How's your week been? We're having a fun week, as  usual!

Managed to  snag a couple of great sunset pix (IMHO) this past week ... oh to be seeing this every night!




Still crafting though ... and, as we approach Halloween, I've another scary ATC to share ..


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of white card on to which I stamped the Smeared Ink "grumpie" using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour the grumpie and background
  • JOFY circles image (from JOFY14) stamped randomly using Memento rich cocoa ink and then saffron pro marker to colour "the rings"
  • Smeared Ink sentiment stamped on to snippet of white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink, cut out, run through my Xyron sticker maker before cutting up and positioning on my ATC.
  • Once in place I drew around the segments using a Faber Castell pitt pen which I also used to doodle a border around the ATC
  • Plaid dimensional gloss used to add gloss dimension to the sentiment, eyes, tighty whities, cape, toes and tail!
I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. City Crafter - challenge No. 333 - DID I MAKE YOU UP?
  2. Crafty Sentiments - 11th October challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Through The Craft Room Door - October 11th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Fairytale challenges - challenge No. 153 - MONSTERS

Whilst this ATC is not exactly Halloween - you should see the rest of the set ..

Aren't they FAB! Some were NBUS but I've now inked all bar two! YAY!

I've also a Christmas card to share ... a much more CAS project than the ATC above


My card
And a close up of the twinkle of those Kaisercraft gel pens
Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card, cut to 5" x 4.75"
  • Two pieces of black card, cut to 5.25" x 5"
  • Snippets of white and black card cut to 2" square and 2.25" square
  • Snippet of narrow red satin ribbon
  • Inkadinkado image and Recollections sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Kaisercraft gel pens (glitters) used to colour image
  • Crystal and platinum stickles to highlight
  • White gel pen used to doodle the borders

I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. A Snowflakes promise - challenge No. 30 - ANYTHING GOES optional twist of seasons
  2. Christmas Card Challenges - challenge No. 44 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  3. Pixies Crafty Workshop - challenge No. 250 - USE SNIPPETS
  4. Crafting When We Can - challenge No. 129 - CHRISTMAS COMES EARLY

The Kaisercraft gel pens I used? New stash, splendidly packaged for travel crafting ....




And now for the Friday Funny, courtesy of my pal, Sandra ... ENJOY

Two blondes are filling up at a petrol station and the first blonde says to the second, "I bet these awful fuel prices are going to go even higher."
The second blonde replies, "Won't affect me, I always put in just $10 worth."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

One day, Jill's husband came home from the office and found her sobbing convulsively.

"I feel terrible," she told him. "I was pressing your suit and I burned a big hole in the seat of your trousers."

"Forget it," consoled her husband. "Remember that I bought an extra pair of trousers for that suit."

"Yes, and it's lucky for you that you did," said Jill, drying her eyes. "I used them to patch the hole."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two blondes were walking down the road and the first blonde said, "Look at that dog with one eye!"

The other blonde covers one of her eyes and says, "Where?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A blonde decided to redecorate her bedroom. She wasn't sure how many rolls of wallpaper she would need, but she knew that her blonde friend from next door had recently done the same job and the two rooms were identical in size.

"Buffy," she said, "How many rolls of wallpaper did you buy for your bedroom?"

"Ten," said Buffy.

So the blonde bought the ten rolls of paper and did the job, but she had 2 rolls leftover. "Buffy," she said. "I bought ten rolls of wallpaper for the bedroom, but I've got 2 leftover!"

"Yes," said Buffy. "So did I."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blonde Interview

The executive was interviewing a young blonde for a position in his company.

He wanted to find out something about her personality so he asked, "If you could have a conversation with any person, living or dead, who would that be?"


The blonde quickly responded, "The living one."

Have a good weekend


16 comments:

lilian said...

Great ATC and card Kathy,

Love the F F

Lilian

SARN said...

What a wonderful sunset. I'd love to watch that!
Great spooky Halloween ATC & cute Santa card.
The FF made me chuckle too.

Happy Friday xxx

Angela Radford said...

Loving the blonde jokes, I was wondering if they came from someone blonde! I love the little monsters but I'm not sure what they are, maybe I'm missing something but can't see if you've said. Are they stamps and if so what make are they? Have a great weekend and happy crafting, Angela x

Di said...

Wonderful photos and cards Kathy - esp. the Playground one of course :)

Love those blonde tales - need to remember them to entertain Len at some point!

Hugs

Di xx

Pat said...

Two great creations Kathy and I love your Halloween Grumpie ATC and then the card with that cute Father Christmas, lovely and sparkly too. Great Friday funnies, a little difficult to read though as they go under your sidebar but I get the gist..lol. x

Kathyk said...

Sorry about the formatting, I think I have fixed it now .....

Kathyk

Robin said...

Such a cute Christmas card! The CAS is wonderful and that ATC is adorable! Loving your pictures and those jokes I will have to share with my blonde sister. She will get a kick out of them. Thanks for playing along with us at CWWC and good luck! Hugs, Robin

Debs M said...

love those pix and the grumpy atc is fabulous! x

Stella said...

Such a brilliant take on our theme, I love your ATC. I know they are small but there is so much to see; wow! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Amy Ottmers said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at CWWC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Marina said...

Great seeing your photos and projects Kathy. I love the detail on your fun ATC = especially the gloss and the circles in the background. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

samantha's cards said...

Cute Santa, thanks for joining us at Christmas card challenges.

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous ATC!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Aly Smedes said...

Nice card and ATC!
Thanks for joining our ATG challenge Through the craft room door!
Hope to see you back next week!

Aly DT member TTCRD

Bianca said...

What a cool monster creapy card! But I also love the Santa! Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge. Bianca XX

Kati said...

very cool ATC, thanks for showing your Monster for the fairytale challenge. hugs mamapia