Saturday, 22 October 2016

Saturday and post number one from me .....

Morning all

I have news ... which is why this is an early post from me .. I'll be back later with my regular post. I'm delighted to say that I've been invited to be a Guest Design Team Member over at the Always Use Rubber challenge blog, for today's challenge, which is: "WINTER and/or SPRING". This is a new challenge blog (although it's been around a while as TWOFERS) which issues fortnightly challenges which MUST USE rubber or polymer stamping and no digi's - right up my street so I was thrilled to get my invitation - without further ado, here is my make ..

My card
The front and back of my card and back of my envelope
The inside of my card
Here's how it progressed ...


Stamped, embossed and masking fluid applied
2nd image fussy cut out, coloured, glittered and glossy!
Colour applied to original panel and masking fluid removed
Materials used:-
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 13½cm square
  • One piece of navy card cut to 14cm square
  • Snippets of black, navy and gold card, for matting the iamge panel
  • Anita's crown image stamped on to a snippet of card, twice, using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Once the ink was good and dry I cut one stamped image in to a square and using my Inky Antics circle image I stamped using Versafine embossing ink, applied clear embossing powder and heat set
  • Whilst that was cooling I used alcohol markers to colour my second image which I then fussy cut out before applying gold glitter glue and Plaid dimensional gloss
  • Whilst that was drying I applied masking fluid to the first panel, just to the "pom poms" on the crown ... and went away to make coffee whilst that dried too!
  • Once the masking fluid was dry I applied Distress Ink in candied apple to the square panel, using a Tim Holtz mini blender and foam pad. I removed any excess distress ink from my embossed areas and allowed to dry before removing my masking fluid. 
  • Once finished I sprayed with Crafters Companion Spray and Shine once I'd finished
  • Stardust stickles were applied to the "pom poms" and "ermine trim" on the crown and set aside to dry
  • Once dry I applied glue to the tips of the crown and dimensional foam tape to the bulk of the crown and placed on the red card panel before matting on to black, gold and navy card mats
  • To the insert panel I used Memento London fog to stamp the Anita's image then overstamped with My Favourite Things sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink


I hope you will pop over and  have a go at this challenge too .... you may be familiar with the team as the challenge blog used to be known as TWOFERS, just remember that you MUST USE STAMPING (rubber or polymer) on your projects




I'll also be entering it here:-
  1. Perfectly Created Chaos - challenge No. 4 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. A Snowflakes Promise - challenge No. 31 - SEASONS or ANYTHING GOES and it's just for fun this challenge
  3. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge EXTRA - October challenge - ALWAYS ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES

Have a great weekend, be back later ....... to be taken to my (now published) second post then please click on this link


10 comments:

lilian said...

Kathy. Congratulations. Guest designer you must be chuffed.

Loving the card great image,

Lilian

Barb said...

Congratulations Kathy on your Guest Design spot. I love the Christmas card you've made and I love that super Anita stamp too. Some great stamping techniques. A super card. Barbxx

Angela Radford said...

Great card Kathy and congrats at being chosen for the team. I will pop over to see the blog as I don't know that one and it might be just my sort of thing. Happy crafty weekend, Angela x

Pat said...

Congratulations on your GD spot Kathy and I adore the stamp you have used and the inside and envelope look just as good as the front, and thank you for showing us the step by step. x

SARN said...

MANY CONGRATS on your GDT spot. Fabulous card and thanks for sharing how it was made.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

well done on your gdt slot - fab card I think I like the monochrome inside as much as the outside! x

Marie B. said...

Very interesting Christmas stamp. I appreciate you showing us how you achieved your end result too! Thanks for sharing with us at CHNC Extra! :)

~Marie B -DT

Carla Brooke said...

Lovely work, thanks for sharing with A Snowflake Promise!

Christi Conley said...

Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer, Kathy! I'm you're newest subscriber :) I really like how you decorate your envelopes and your entire card - I'll have to try the envelope thing ~ xo Christi DT AUR & Teamie on CFD

Dori Shelton said...

Such wonderful creations! Thank you so much for sharing at Perfectly Created Chaos. I hope you join again soon!