Wednesday, 26 October 2016

Welcome to What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday

Morning,

Recently, I was asked to make some Christmas cards with a more religious feel to them .. a batch make .. you may have seen this first batch already as I made a mock up and e-mailed to my pal, for approval - she plainly liked them!




Materials used - see below




Since I already posted the originals for the above make, I won't be entering any challenges with the but ...... for the other batch, for the same friend ... you won't have seen these . . . . .



Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card panels for the front and insert of the card
  • Inkadinkado sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink on to the white card panel
  • PSX image stamped on to a snippet of white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Peerless watercolours used to paint the image
  • Plaid dimensional gloss and crystal stickles used to highlight and, once dry, I fussy cut around the image before mounting on to black and then red card



I'll be entering the above makes for the following challenges:-
  1. Scraps of Life - October Rudolph Day - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  2. Holly Jolly Christmas - challenge No. 83 - SNOW or SNOWMEN (I went with snow, but you can see that, can't you?)
  3. Aurora Wings - challenge No. 38 - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Christmas Card Challenge - challenge No. 46 - ANYTHING (Christmas) GOES
  5. Hiding In My Craft Room - challenge No. 272 - ANY HOLIDAY

And another make for my commissions ... 


My card
The front and back of my card and front of my envelope
The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White, 250gsm, C6/A2 card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 3.75" x 5" and 4" x 5.25" + three snippets of white card. I punched one with a Martha Stewart punch and, along with the larger snippet coloured using an alcohol marker
  • On the smaller snippet I stamped my Penny Black image using Ranger Archival jet black ink and applied just a little colour using alcohol markers
  • Crystal stickles to highlight
  • White gelly roll gel pen to doodle a border on the purple matting layer




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafting when we can - challenge No. 130 - NO SQUARE CARDS
  2. Crafting with dragonflies - challenge No. 68 - LETS GO FLORAL
  3. Through The Craft Room Door - October 25th challenge - ANYTHING GOES

And now for a sneaky peek at my desk since it IS What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday I will be entering my desk for week No. 386 and where I am entry No. 34





32 comments:

SARN said...

Hi Kathy

You are doing very well on your commissioned cards. Great festive makes and a pretty floral.

Happy WOYWW.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

You have done a lot of work on these Kathy and they are both really beautiful. I love your watercolouring and the PB flower is a very stylish design. Your workspace looks extremely tidy too considering how busy you've been. x

Shaz Brooks said...

Hi Kathy, loving all your cards, they're beautiful. PB do make some gorgeous 'brushwork' style stamps, don't they? Have a great week, hugs, Shaz #1 xxx

okienurse said...

WOW! Awesome cards! I brought stuff to make a few cards when I get the opportunity but so far only watching the scenery. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my desk earlier. Have a great week Vickie #11

Suzanne Alexis said...

I really love the cards with the church. They are so pretty and do convey a religious feel. Keep up the great work!
Suzanne #54

Anne said...

Super cards Kathy. How do you keep your desk so tidy and do so much :-) Anne x #17

Sharon Koole said...

Lovely festive cards. I rarely make more than one of a single card. Your craft room looks lovely.

HAppy WOYWW
Sharon K #42

Neet said...

Fab cards, each and every one of them. Could not choose a favourite as they all come number one.
Gosh you have been busy with the card making and decorated envelopes too.
Hugs & Thanks for coming to see me
Neet 2 xx

Angela Radford said...

Highly impressed Kathy, so much done. Gorgeous stamps too. Thanks for the visit to mine, have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 20

Robin said...

Oh my goodness! These are all so very beautiful!! Thanks for playing along with us at CWWC and good luck! Hugs, Robin

CraftyHope said...

Your cards are really beautiful. I love that angel stamp. I'm sure those receiving your cards will really love them. Wonderfully done!
Hope #43

Helen said...

great cards, love them. Helen #5

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Fantastic cards Kathy, I love the gorgeous stamp you've used.

Sue xx

sandra de said...

Great collection of cards. I have given no thought to Xmas but have found your pics inspiring.
sandra de @25

Linby said...

A great set of Chrismtas cards. Love the brushstroke flower - very CAS.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

A lovely selection of cards! As a non paper crafter, I find it interesting when you show what equipment you've used because I'd have no idea just by looking at the image. I should show all the sewing paraphernalia that I use when making each project, it's probably more than i realise!
Hugs, LLJ 4 xxx

Joan said...

Lovely cards, love the PSX church ones

Debs M said...

great makes x

laurie said...

Awesome sets of cards! You sure have been busy.Thanks for joining us at the Christmas Card Challenges!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW you have been busy!! Such lovely festive cards
Thank you so much for joining us at the Rudolph day Challenge!
Rudolph Days Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

Wynn Walton said...

Great section of cards.....you have been busy. Thank you for entering your Floral one with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Wynn DT

Morti said...

Lovely cards, Kathy, as always.... thanks for the inspiration (I have that angel too....)

Thanks for stopping by.

Morti @

Heidi Stamps said...

All these are so pretty. I really like the Christmas cards! TFS!

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges and good luck!
Monica - CCC DT

lilian said...

Great cards Kathy,

Lilian

Susan Powell said...

Fantastic cards! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

Lynn (aka Lynnpenguin) said...

Lovely creations Kathy. Thanks for joining us for our SNOW/SNOWMEN challenge at Holly Jolly. Hope to see you again. Good luck.
Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, Holly Jolly DT

Twiglet said...

Fab cards there. Hopelessly behind with my WOYWW visits - again! x Jo

Jan Ltc said...

I just love this design. Thanks for joining us at TTCRD xx Jan DT

DonnaMundinger said...

Beautiful stamping! Love them all. Thanks so much for joining our ATG Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Donna said...

Beautiful cards Kathy! Love the more religious cards. You've done a fine job for your friend. Sorry I am so late for commenting but thanks for playing along with the Rudolph Days challenge.

Mandy LaCroix said...

Great work! :)
Thanks for sharing it over at Christmas Card Challenges!