Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Tuesday and a bit of a shape day ....

Morning 

A "SHAPE" day? If you read on you will see why .... Not often I start one card and turn out something completely different these days but, plainly, it DOES still happen. I started with a perfectly nice sketch from The Paper Players and produced the blue circles panel ... originally JUST blue circles. I stamped a perfectly nice crazy birds image on a die cut circle and coloured it - it looked so totally pants I nearly threw both bits away. Anyhoo, I had myself a bit of a rethink about SHAPES and ...... well check it out below.

My card
The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope
The inside of my card and front of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White C6/A2, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 4" x 5.25" + snippets of white and light blue, for my image panel and matting
  • Carabelle trio of scribbled circles stamped using Brilliance Mediterranean blue ink, once stamped I matted this panel on to the light blue card, cutting to a narrow border and it was at this point I had my rethink .....
  • My Favourite Things solid circle stamped using Hero Arts neon yellow ink and their dotty circle stamped using Memento rosebud ink
  • Carabelle triangle border stamped using Memento lilac posies ink
  • Stampers Anonymous sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Crystal stickles to highlight



By the way I like this SOOOO much better now, with apologies to The Paper Players for NOT using their sketch after all ... I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafting when we can - challenge No. 130 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Lil patch of crafty friends - challenge No. 44 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Great Impressions - October challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  4. Crafting from the heart - challenge No. 133 - ANYTHING GOES
  5. Craft your passion - challenge No. 335 - ANYTHING GOES

I really liked the layout and images so I thought I would try a more masculine version ..

My personal fave is the brighter version but I DO think this one works too, don't you?

And The Paper Players sketch? Here it is ... ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with it, just plainly not my day to be using it!


Have a great week

8 comments:

Pat said...

Two great versions using these more geometric stamps Kathy. My cards often start as one thing and morph into something else..lol. x

lilian said...

Great card Kathy.

Lilian

SARN said...

Two cool geometric designs here mate! Excellent.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barbara Bruder said...

This card has a great geometric design. Love the designs you used. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

Catie Cuddles said...

What great Geometric designs.
What a beautiful card Kevin. Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
Happy Crafting!
Catherine X DT

Patti Krauss said...

Cute card, Kathy. Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges! - Patti (CWWC DT)

Darnell J Knauss said...

How fun was that to just be minding your own business going down the road, a road you've driven before, and bam, all of a sudden, they've installed a round-about rufgt in the middle!! Eek! Does that throw our Kathy? Heck, no! I love how your vision ended up, both the first design and the second manly design!! Hugs, Darnell

Julie Odil said...

Great cards. Things don't always go as planned, do they? Thanks for entering our challenge this month at Great Impressions Stamps. Julie, DT member