Friday, 30 December 2016

It's the last Friday of 2016 and time to announce this year's winner ..

Morning all

Welcome to the last Friday of 2016, bringing us to the last weekend of 2016 and with Saturday being New Years Eve I suspect that many of you will have party's to go to or hose - hope you have a great time and that 2017 will be simply BRILLIANT for you and your creativity!

A few short days ago (Christmas Day in fact) I shared a Clean And Simple card design using my Dina Wakely star image and saying it was (IMHO) virtually foolproof and that I might use it again, perhaps deploying silver and navy or black .... actually I went with grey and navy and I think it's safe to say that this one has a more masculine feel to it.

My card

The front and back of my card

The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • White 10cm square, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 9 and 9½cm square
  • One navy card panel cut to 9½cm square
  • Dina Wakely star image stamped using Versafine smokey grey ink
  • Anita's sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Kaisercraft small splat stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Stardust stickles used to highlight the lines of the star
  • Some of you may notice that my glue (Silicon glue for a change rather than my more quick drying tombow) allowed me to slip my image panel slightly askew ... no mistakes in art!!
  • White gelly roll gel pen used to doodle a border on the odd margin side .. and BINGO!




I will be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Penny's challenges - challenge No. 309 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Through The Craft Room Door - December 27th challenge - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Tuesday Morning Sketches - challenge No. 383 - ANYTHING GOES

And now, since it is Friday you've probably stopped by to see the last Friday Funny of 2016 .... the Friday Funny has been a regular feature on my blog for several years but it is with some sadness I have to announce that this will be the last of my REGULAR Friday Funny posts. 2016 saw me trawling the internet and facebook for almost half my Friday Funny's as I just don't seem to get the circulating funny mails any more. So, today's will be the last and I shall announce the winner of my last FF prize draw at the end of this post. I should like to thank those of you who have supported my posts and especially to those who have submitted Funnies for use - THANK YOU. It should be pointed out that, IF I get some really good ones then I shall pop along and feature them on my blog .. we'll see how that works out

This week's comes to you courtesy of a trading card pal, PatG - so, I literally got it off Pat!!!

Why You Shouldn't Lie

A minister told his congregation, "Next week I plan to preach about the sin of lying. To help you understand my sermon, I want you all to read Mark 17."

The following Sunday, as he prepared to deliver his sermon, the minister asked for a show of hands. He wanted to know how many had read Mark 17. Several hands went up.

The minister smiled and said, "Mark has only sixteen chapters. I will now proceed with my sermon on the sin of lying." 

And the winner of the Friday Funny prize draw for 2016 is:




And the section from my spreadsheet (below) indicates the winner (No. 27) to be SANDRAT, Congratulations, your prize will be on its way very soon


25  Jun 17th Lesley T
26  Jun 24th Marsha
27  Jul 1st SandraT
28  Jul 8th Marsha



10 comments:

Barb said...

I love your stylish card Kathy. Another great funny for Friday. Wishing you and your hubby a very happy and healthy 2017. Barbxx

SARN said...

Another lovely starry birthday card mate. Friday Funnies are a nice bonus but i come over to see your fab creativity xxx

Debs M said...

Shame about stopping the ff but understand why. Happy New Year x

Pat said...

I love your sparkly star an inky splats and the large sentiment across it looks great Kathy. Congratulations to your Friday Funny winner Sandra too. Hope you have some good new year celebrations and more great cardmaking to come next year. x

Wanda said...

This is a really great birthday card! Love the sparkle on the star and the blue splatters around it. Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Liz said...

Love this design, Kathy, especially for a male in these colours.

Wishing you a happy, healthy and creative 2017. xx

Lady Bug Stampers said...

What a beautiful card. Love your design. thank you so much for joining us this week for our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. We are looking forward to seeing you again at next weeks challenge.

Linda DT TTCRD
ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Kathy, your card is stunning I love the colors and the star! Love your design. thank you so much for joining us this week for our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door. We are looking forward to seeing you again at next weeks challenge.

Linda DT TTCRD
ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

Wonderful card! I love the matching envelope, too!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

cecilia gunnarsson said...

A wonderful creation !!! Love The design and The envelope is so great to
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at
Through The Craft Room Door
this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Cicci
DT member at TTCRD
Cicci With The Pen {My Blog}