Thursday, 8 December 2016

Welcome to Thursday - I've another Christmas card to share..

Morning all

I believe I have enough Christmas cards for 2016 so it looks like I'm cracking on with my 2017 quota! That's fine, I TRY to make several each week/month, to ensure I don't have heaps to make come November!! I almost had that issue this year as I was so sure I had enough but had entirely forgotten that a dear friend asked to buy some cards and she plainly bought a number of Christmas cards from my stash too! As I started to write my Christmas cards I quickly realised my pile was going down too quickly, stopped and counted before making a batch of ten and then another batch of five!! Must make more for 2017, to be sure, and these will help!


My card

The front and back of my card

The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 14cm square
  • One piece of black card cut to 14½cm square
  • Acrylic paints in red, rust and white, brayered to create a background
  • My Favorite Things sentiment and Inkadinkado large snowflake stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • For the envelope and insert I used an Inkadinkado snowflake stamped with Delicata golden glitz ink
  • Stardust stickles to highlight





I'll enter the above for the following challenges:
  1. Kylie's Addicted to stamps - TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS blog hop - DAY 5
  2. Creative Inspirations - challenge No. 263 - CHRISTMAS
  3. Addicted to Stamps - challenge No. 223 - HOLIDAY
  4. Crafting by Designs - December 7th challenge - HERE COME THE HOLIDAYS

Downhill to the weekend peeps and, as Christmas is rapidly approaching, I hope you all have something nice planned. 


8 comments:

SARN said...

Wonderfully inky and grungy and festive.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Pat said...

This is great Kathy and I love the way you use colours which aren't typical Christmas colours but which work really well. x

Rene said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
Rene

Bobby said...

Your brayered background makes an interesting and unique stage for the snowflakes. Thanks for sharing your card at Addicted to Stamps and More.

Debs M said...

Oh I wish I was so organised!! Great makes x

Kylie said...

Well done, you! How cool to be already on to the 2017 cards! I love this design, Kathy. Those big snowflakes are so pretty. Thanks so much for playing along in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards challenge xx

chanya13 said...

Absolutely gorgeous creation.
Thank you for joining in with Creative Inspirations.
Hugs Agnieszka, chanya13

cm said...

Your snowflakes are soooo pretty! Way to go on being ahead with your cards! I think I'm still back making some for 2015 *grin* Thank you for sharing your creativity at Addicted to Stamps and More!
~carol