Wednesday, 7 December 2016

SECOND POST OF THE DAY ... Welcome to THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS

Hi readers,



Some of you may be following Kylie Purtell's "Twelve Days of Christmas", running from December 4th until the 15th. If you haven't then please do stop by her blog and follow some links to blogs of other participants. Today sees the start of DAY FIVE ... and I am honoured to have been invited to join in today's leg of the hop and, without further ado, here is my make ...


My card
The inside of my card and front of my envelope

The front and back of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 12cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 10½cm square
  • One piece of navy card cut to 11½cm square
  • Snippets of card in both white and navy
  • Using a Fiskars finger knife I cut one of the white squares of card using a wavy line and ran through the Big Shot inside two different embossing folders before attaching to my navy card panel, leaving a slight gap
  • Using my Big Shot and MFT dies I cut the Santa, tree and presents and then, with the help of my new MISTI I stamped them using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Pro markers to colour (although on the inside and reverse of my card I used Kaisercraft glitter gel pens) and diamond stickles to highlight
  • I stamped the MFT sentiment, cut out and matted on a snippet of navy card before attaching to my card
Kylie's got some awesome sponsorship too .. $20 gift vouchers from each of the following
  


Additionally, I'll be entering this make for the following challenges too:-

  1. City Crafter - challenge No. 241 - THE TREE IS UP
  2. Passion for Pro Markers - challenge No. 374 - USE YOUR DIES and/or PUNCHES (Dies in my case)
  3. A Snowflakes Promise - challenge No. 34 - Winter theme
  4. Simon Says Stamp - Monday challenge - CHRISTMAS GIFTS

If you missed my regular Wednesday post then please follow this link here


7 comments:

Marina said...

Great card Kathy - it has a really 'jolly' look and I think the dark curve in the middle is a really effective design detail.Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

cm said...

I couldn't see your card at Kylie's so I've wandered here, knowing a gem of creativity awaited. And I was right! How fun is your happy-dancing Santa, Kathy...and all the sparkle is simply scrumptious! Fabulous! You've designed a joyful card for the Twelve Days Christmas challenge!
~carol

Zoey Emanuela Scarpelli said...

aw isn't that Santa so much fun!?
Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

xx Zoey

Darnell said...

You know I love your happy dancing Santa Baby and his presents under the tree, Kathy! I also love the cool embossing detail and how you made everything so schparkly and even MORE fun!! And thanks for once again reminding me "it's all about the details" with how you did the inside, back, and envy! Hugs, Darnell

Stella said...

Your Santa is a cutie and your card is fab! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

The Crafty Den said...

Super cute card Kathy. I love the adorable image and the matching envelope is a really lovely touch. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP for our Mega Christmas challenge. Good luck and hugs, Denise x

coops said...

So gorgeous Kathy.I love your fun santa and fabulous sparkle.
Thanks for joining in our Mega Christmas Challenge at PFP :D

xx coops xx