Friday, 16 December 2016

Welcome to Friday and a Friday Funny!

Morning all,

Well, call me crazy but ... I was at the MALL yesterday! I KNOW .. ten days till Christmas and I went to the mall, not willingly but .. Why did I do this crazy thing? I had my eyes tested about three weeks ago and had an appointment to collect my new spex on December 9th .. but then got suddenly (and violently) ill!! Needless to say, I didn't go to that appointment and hubby kindly changed it for me, to blimmin' yesterday. It wasn't QUITE as bad as we had both feared, there were some parking spaces and we didn't have to actually take it in turns breathing! Thankfully, aside from coffee and spex I didn't need to buy anything though hubby succumbed at the kitchen shop, plainly not a popular store for the Christmas shoppers as there were only two in line in front of us! John Lewis was mobbed though, as was M&S.

Frankly, I was still glad to get home, put the kettle on and head to my Table of Craftiness. I've been stuck in the loop of making Christmas cards this past week or so despite the fact all my 2016 cards are not only written but posted! So, when a new stamp set arrived yesterday I couldn't wait to crack the seal, especially since I have had my eye on this image for AGES!!! Didn't want to make a Christmas card though but, what was left? I know - TAGS, I recently won a gift voucher which I used to buy some dies, one of which was  a set of tags ..


My tag

My batch of tags
Materials used:
  • Snippets of card in white and red
  • I stamped the Habico Santa image on to white card, added skin colouring using alcohol markers and glitter accents using stardust stickles, Kaisercraft glitter gel pens and Wink of Stella clear glitter brush marker and, finally, Plaid dimensional gloss for the glass in Santa's glasses
  • Whilst that dried I cut five tags using the Paper Smooches set of dies
  • With Santa dry, I matted him on to red card and doodled individual borders using a Sakura gelly roll white gel pen
  • I stamped the Fiskars "To" and "From" wording on to the reverse of the tags using Ranger Archival jet black ink




I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 331 - GLITTER AND SPARKLE
  2. Little Red Wagon - December 14th challenge - CHRISTMAS CAROLS OR SONGS (Santa Claus is coming to town)
  3. Shopping our Stash - December 13th challenge - TAG, YOU'RE IT
  4. Holly Jolly challenge - challenge No. 86 (Pt. 2) - ANYTHING BUT A CARD
  5. CRAFT challenge - challenge No. 394 - CHRISTMAS
And now for a Friday Funny which I half inched from Anne's post on facebook - hope you like it.



And then there was this one .. someone definitely having a "giraffe"!!! I just HOPE it owes more to photoshop than real life!




Have a great weekend



Merry Xmas

12 comments:

SARN said...

Great Friday Funnies . . . and at long last you have your mits on that fab Father Christmas stamp. What a good job you did of the colouring. Super tags - and just as essential as cards!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

love the santa and great ff x

lilian said...

Loving your new Santa stamp Kathy, Great Tags.

Lilian

Pat said...

That is a fabulous Father Christmas and your colouring is perfect Kathy and a lovely batch of tags. The two Friday Funnies are great too. x

Mimi said...

I love that Santa stamp! But the glossy eyeglasses??? Freaking genius! These are wonderful little GC holders! Thanks for linking at SOS again!

Kate - Small Bits of Paper said...

Amazing tags! That image is fabulous!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Jean said...

Oh I love that stamp, great set of tags.
Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT.
Jean DT xx

lauren bergold said...

soooooooooooo beautiful... and so many with equally perfect coloring! a great addition to "tag you're it" at SHOPPING OUR STASH! <3

Aileen Ryan said...

lol just laughing at the giraffes just one more.

Love your tags, that Santa stamp is the best and perfect for your tags, coloured perfectly.

Maria A. said...

I love this Santa image, looks so real and you colored it beautifully, and the detail of the gloss on his glasses.....brilliant!!!!!
Now, the first joke is hilarious, the second picture truly is funny, I also hope this is just photoshop, or else, this giraffe had one to many, LOL!!
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you join us again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.DT

Brenda said...

Still laughing about the Friday funnies...I love your Santa tags I love the bit of color on the face. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

Judy McKay said...

Great batch of tags. You are all ready for Christmas. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this holiday season. Judy DT