Well, call me crazy but ... I was at the MALL yesterday! I KNOW .. ten days till Christmas and I went to the mall, not willingly but .. Why did I do this crazy thing? I had my eyes tested about three weeks ago and had an appointment to collect my new spex on December 9th .. but then got suddenly (and violently) ill!! Needless to say, I didn't go to that appointment and hubby kindly changed it for me, to blimmin' yesterday. It wasn't QUITE as bad as we had both feared, there were some parking spaces and we didn't have to actually take it in turns breathing! Thankfully, aside from coffee and spex I didn't need to buy anything though hubby succumbed at the kitchen shop, plainly not a popular store for the Christmas shoppers as there were only two in line in front of us! John Lewis was mobbed though, as was M&S.
Frankly, I was still glad to get home, put the kettle on and head to my Table of Craftiness. I've been stuck in the loop of making Christmas cards this past week or so despite the fact all my 2016 cards are not only written but posted! So, when a new stamp set arrived yesterday I couldn't wait to crack the seal, especially since I have had my eye on this image for AGES!!! Didn't want to make a Christmas card though but, what was left? I know - TAGS, I recently won a gift voucher which I used to buy some dies, one of which was a set of tags ..
|My batch of tags|
- Snippets of card in white and red
- I stamped the Habico Santa image on to white card, added skin colouring using alcohol markers and glitter accents using stardust stickles, Kaisercraft glitter gel pens and Wink of Stella clear glitter brush marker and, finally, Plaid dimensional gloss for the glass in Santa's glasses
- Whilst that dried I cut five tags using the Paper Smooches set of dies
- With Santa dry, I matted him on to red card and doodled individual borders using a Sakura gelly roll white gel pen
- I stamped the Fiskars "To" and "From" wording on to the reverse of the tags using Ranger Archival jet black ink
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
- Fab 'n Funky - challenge No. 331 - GLITTER AND SPARKLE
- Little Red Wagon - December 14th challenge - CHRISTMAS CAROLS OR SONGS (Santa Claus is coming to town)
- Shopping our Stash - December 13th challenge - TAG, YOU'RE IT
- Holly Jolly challenge - challenge No. 86 (Pt. 2) - ANYTHING BUT A CARD
- CRAFT challenge - challenge No. 394 - CHRISTMAS
Have a great weekend