Saturday, 17 December 2016

It's the weekend

And the last one before Christmas too - will YOU be spending it getting those last minute gifties or food items? Me either!!!!

I've recently returned to my "cute" crafting phase and today's first make is in keeping with that. A pal expressed monumental surprise when I said I had fallen for this set but - I'm sticking to it, they are GORGEOUS ... am I right????


My card

A closer view which I hope shows the Wink of Stella to better effect
The front and back of my card

The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 10cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two white card panels cut to 9cm and 9½cm square
  • One purple card panel cut to 9½cm square
  • Using a Fiskars finger trimmer I cut a curve in to the smaller white card panel, leaving the bottom part blank and running the top half through my Big Shot in a Tim Holtz embossing folder
  • Using the MFT dragons stamp and die set I cut and stamped my image using Memento tuxedo black ink and colouring with alcohol inks
  • The two MFT sentiments were stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen used to twinkle up the ears, wings, belly panels




I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 307 AND 308 - CHILDREN
  2. Brown Sugar - challenge No. 228 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Colour Crazy challenge - challenge No. 28 - ANYTHING (hand coloured) GOES

And, since I've new stash .... more tags ..


The front of my batch of tags

And the reverse of the same batch
Materials used:
  • Strip of white 200gsm card cut in to tags using a Paper Smooches die and my trusty Big Shot
  • Habico Santa stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Colour added using coloured pencils and a blender
  • Stardust stickles and Wink of Stella clear glitter brush pen used to bling up the image
  • Kaisercraft glitter gel pens used to doodle a border on the tags
  • Inkadinkado tag image stamped on the reverse of the tag using Ranger Archival jet black ink




I'll be entering these tags for the following challenges:-
  1. CRAFT Challenge - challenge No. 394 - CHRISTMAS
  2. Patties Creations - challenge No. 129 - CHRISTMAS
  3. Jingle Bells - December challenge - CHRISTMAS

Have a great weekend





19 comments:

lilian said...

What a lovely dragon He is adorable,

Loving the Santa stamp as well . Great work all round .

Lilian

Esther said...

Gorgeous makes as always Kathy! I LOVE the MFT Magical Dragons set too... they're adorable! You've used such sweet colouring on this one - perfect for our children's challenge at Less is More :) The Santa tags are great, so vintage but also very clean and crisp... fab! Thanks so much for playing along with us :)

Viv's Visuals said...

Have that Santa stamp - his beard is full of dust it's been that long since I used it! Might make a start now on next year....
Cutie dragon - like him a lot!
have a great weekend. x

Debs M said...

ooh love that dragon! fabby makes x

SARN said...

Well the dragon set is cute, there's no denying it, and you've made a cute and fun card with it. I think I'm going to like your cute phase!

The Santa image is just lovely and the tags are superb. xxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What a fun and cheery dragon there Kathy, with a superb embossed BG to showcase him. Great take on the challenge and I'm loving your Christmas animation too. Thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah x

Pat said...

That dragon is really cute Kathy and the curved split background works beautifully, and the Father Christmas tags are great with the individual edges you have given them too. x

Marina said...

What do you mean lasty minute? I've barely started. And despite making Christmas cards all year round, I haven't even finished writing them yet. So anyway, next up is gift tags and I really love your Santa one. I like your dragon design too - the teture in the background looks great.

serendipity said...

Hi Kathy. I don't do cute but I must say I fell for this super cute dragon when I saw him on another blog, and now I've seen what you've done with him, which is fabulous, I'm feeling another splurge coming on. (Thanks mate!!)
Love your tags and this Santa too. I do in fact own it, but had forgotten. Must try to remember for next year

Elizabeth Hart said...

Fabulous tags for the holiday season!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pattie's Creations Challenge, elizabeth (DT)

Barb said...

You are right Kathy! I like cute too and I love this sweet dragon. A super card. I really like the Santa tags too. Barbxx

Ankie vd Polder said...

What a cute card in lovely colors. Have a nice day, Ankie

Brenda said...

More wonderful tags! Thank you so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

Gerrina said...

Sorry, a bit late... I think your LIM-card is such a sweet and beautiful one! Love the fresh colours!
And your tags just popped one word in my mind: cozy...:)!
Have a good week and Merry Christmas!

Sandra DeFalco said...

Thanks for playing in our 'Anything Goes Christmas or Winter' Challenge #129!
Sandi ♥
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Susan said...

Your card is so cute. Love that little dragon! Thanks for sharing!

Neets B said...

Better late than never, I finally made it to you, Kathy!
I love this set, it's on my wishlist, and I love the colours you chose for that sweet little chap. Perfect for our children theme.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Sharon said...

Sorry I am so late visiting Kathy - it has been a manic Christmas season here. Hope you had a happy one.
Well, your items here are a treat to behold. The cute dinosaur card is perfect for children and the embossed background really adds interest in the texture. Lovely to see that Father Xmas image making an appearance. (I have the old wooden version and love it!) So nice to see his face on tags too. xx

Sharon said...

oops! I forgot to say....
Thanks for joining us at the Less is More challenge xx