Friday, 9 December 2016

Woo Hoo! It's the start of the weekend

Morning,

Ever get single minded in your crafting? Having written most of my Christmas cards I just don't seem to be able to stop myself making them either!!! Of course, Kylie IS hosting a TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS challenge which I'm trying to enter too, so .....


My card

The front and back of my card

The inside of my card and reverse of my envelope
Materials used:
  • 10cm square white, 250gsm, card and matching sized envelope
  • Two pieces of white card cut to 9 and 9½cm square
  • One piece of red card cut to 9½cm square
  • Inkadinkado image and sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink (for the insert it was stamped without re-inking
  • Alcohol markers and Kaisercraft glitter gel pens used to colour
  • Stardust stickles to further "bling it up"



I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Kylie is addicted to stamps - TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS blog hop - DAY 6
  2. The Crafters Cafe - challenge No. 162 - CHRISTMAS or BIRTHDAY
  3. The Artistic Stamper - December challenge - CHRISTMAS
  4. Country View Challenges - December challenge - CHRISTMAS
  5. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge EXTRA - December challenge - CHRISTMAS




And now for the Friday Funny .. brought to us this week courtesy of Marsha - ENJOY!

Childbirth at 65 

(Too good not to pass on,  Enjoy!)

With all the new  technology regarding fertility recently, a 65-year-old friend of mine  was able to give birth. When she was discharged from the  hospital and went home, I went to visit.

'May I see the new  baby?' I asked

'Not yet,' She said 'I'll make coffee and we can  visit for a while first.'

Thirty minutes had passed, and I asked,  'May I see the new baby now?'

'No, not yet,' She said.

After another few minutes had elapsed,

I asked  again, 'May I see the baby now?'

'No, not yet,' replied my  friend.

Growing very impatient, I asked, 'Well, when can I see  the baby?'

'WHEN HE CRIES!' she told me.

'WHEN HE CRIES?'  I demanded. 'Why do I have to wait until he CRIES?'

'BECAUSE I  FORGOT WHERE I PUT  HIM, O..K.?'

Have a great weekend


9 comments:

Claire said...

What a gorgeous stamp - the perfect Santa! I love the touch of sparkle in his beard and how you made the matching envelope..just gorgeous!

Viv said...

Great Xmas card Kathy and love the Friday funny of course too ;) Viv xx

Pat said...

What a jolly looking Santa Kathy and I love all the sparkle too, and the Friday Funny certainly gave me a laugh. x

Debs M said...

Fab card and great Santa! X

Kylie said...

LOL! Great joke!
I LOVE this Santa card. Plenty of sparkle too! Thanks so much for playing along in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards challenge xx

Monika Gulyas said...

Great Christmas card! Thank you for joining the December challenge of the Country View Challenges blog!

Gale said...

Lovely Christmas card Kathy. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafter's Cafe and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

Craftyfield said...

Lovely card and envelope! Thanks for joining us for our Christmas theme at Country View Challenges!

Marie B. said...

I have this stamp and I love it! I have always been too intimidated to try to color it though, so I always stamp it in Versamark and emboss it with a colored powder...usually red! Anyhow, I love what you have done with Santa on your card, and how you matched everything up! Thanks for sharing your work with us at CHNC Extra! :)

~Marie B -DT