Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Happy Valentines Day

Hope you got lots of Valentines cards in the post today!! I strongly suspect that I will get my usual card, from my dear hubby, but no others - been a long time since I had a Valentines card from anyone else - everyone say awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

He is, however, threatening me with either lunch or dinner out today - we shall see!

Busy old day yesterday and NO CRAFTING - terrible, I shall be getting withdrawal symptoms! Busy visiting friends, neighbours, sick and well! Writing the letters to all my trading card buddies as I'd allowed them to back up a bit - SORRY to all my ATC swap buds.

And the laundry - I swear there's a laundry fairy that dispenses other people's laundry in to my linen basket - I DO NOT BELIEVE that two people can possibly generate so much laundry, and then my fave chore - the ironing - not sure which is worse. If I won the lottery the first thing I would do is pay someone to do my laundry!  Then I'd ...... actually, I really don't know what I'd do if I won a seriously huge amount, like the young couple who recently scooped £145,000,000. Perhaps it's just as well that, statistically, I don't have to worry about that then! I'm sure we've all fantasised about winning the lottery but ...... what WOULD you do? I guess I'd either move to a house with a room for me to craft and one for hubby's hobby too OR build an extension - nah! You'd have to move I suspect. Then we'd have two new cars - not great big expensive cars - wouldn't really know what to do with a lambo anyway! Couple of nice holidays, treat my friends and (if I'm generous) that would probably account for a million ........ only 144 more to go!! See? Not as easy as you might think. So, dear readers - what would be first on your shopping list if you won a truckload of money?

My dear friend, Dorothy is waiting for an operation so let's hope she won't have to wait too long for that either. I have a couple of pals recuperating from operations or illness so get well you three and another returning to work after quite a lengthy illness - GOOD LUCK to you too matey.

Other than that HAPPY TUESDAY. I have to say I'm more than a little fed up of this wintry weather - how about you? I reckon a little crafting retail therapy might be in order, what do you lot think?

Here's my latest purchases - acquired recently at a Craft Superstore at home party but only delivered at the weekend.

 



7 comments:

catherine said...

I'm with you on the weather and retail therapy business.
x catherine

Katiejane said...

Great purchases Kathy and fingers firmly crossed for Dorothy.
With that amount of money, I think I'd find it hard to spend the interest let alone the rest!
Katie x

Debs M said...

fab stamps Kathy, i have that corner rounder!! x

Brenda Brown said...

I'd definitely have an art studio if I won some serious money, otherwise apart from giving the family money and some to charities I really don't know how I would spend it.
Anyway - looking forward to seeing what you make with your new stamps, they look very collagy (don't think that is a proper word!!) to me - mmmmm.
hugs {brenda} xox

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well that looks like some pretty scrummy stash there Kathy. That's a good start. I do hope Dorothy's op is done and dusted asap. Lx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Erm . . . well . . . I'd splurge on a personal chef so I NEVER had to cook again . . . or wash up!

I have the stamp set on the right! Love it! xxx

Marie said...

"Perhaps it's just as well that, statistically, I don't have to worry about that then! I'm sure we've all fantasised about winning the lottery but ...... what WOULD you do?"

I'd panic. Hand me that amount of money and it would really spook me, there'd definitely be a few hours where I'd shut myself in dark room and try desperately not to panic.

Then once I'd got a hold on myself, I'd figure out what sum of money would guarantee me financial security for the rest of my life, even if I lived to be 150, then put it away. And I wouldn't touch that unless it was an emergency. Then I'd pay off my mortage.

But for myself, the only other things that I'd like to be able to do more of if I had the money would be travelling and gaming. The PS3's the first time I've been on top of things, before that I was always a generation behind. And I somehow doubt that I'll be able to afford whatever amount they'll demand for the PS4 when they get round to releasing it. Well, not without winning the Lottery of course, and to be honest, it's rare that I actually remember to buy a ticket.

If I did win, I'd take more holidays and I'd never be without the latest PlayStation. And I'd love to set my Mum up in the craft shop she always talks about whenever she's had a particularly bad day at work.

But apart from that? I suspect the bulk of the win would just sit in the bank until something occured to me. And I can't imagine myself ever being the kind of person who takes their private jet to their private yaught. That doesn't appeal to me now, I don't see why it should appeal to me after winning the Lottery.