Saturday, 25 February 2012

Hi and welcome to another sketchie Saturday!

Morning all,

Welcome to Saturday - I hope you have big plans

Over on Craft Mad and Loving It (on craftbubble) It is my turn to present the sketchie this week, it's #82 and my theme is MONOCHROME - which isn't to say that it has to be black and white, so I picked, well, can you guess? YUP! PURPLE!!!!

So here is my card and below my card is the sketch I designed



Materials used:
  • 6" square, 300 gsm scallop edged card and matching envelope
  • White card (Rymans) cut in to to rounded corner rectangles, two graduated banner shapes, two plain circles and one fancy circle.
  • Stamping Bella image inked in Memento tuxedo black on to the smallest circle and coloured using pro markers and copics and matting on to ....
  • Slightly larger circle coloured with a pinky purple copic marker and then my magenta background image inked in Memento grape jelly matted on to .....
  • Fancy die cut circle coloured with purple pro marker
  • Cream grosgrain ribbon also coloured with a purple pro marker and then adhered to the smaller rectangle
  • Larger rectangle coloured round the edges with my purple pro marker before adhering the small rectangle
  • Hero Arts sentiment inked in Memento grape jelly before cutting in to banner shape and edged with purple pro marker before adhering to the slightly larger banner shape which had been coloured with the pinky purple pro marker
  • One white paper flower coloured using the purple pro marker and layered with a purple polka dot flower secured using a purple pearl brad.
  • Smaller white rectangle was coloured with the pinky purple copic marker before inking my Inkadinkado dot flourish with Memento grape jelly and stamping numerous times.
On the insert and envelope I inked the Inkadinkado dot flourish, the Hero Arts sentiment and a Cats Pyjamas sentiment in Memento grape jelly



My colleagues on the Design Team have ALL done gorgeous cards so why not check them out over on craftbubble?

Over on the Simply Less Is More challenge blog a new theme has been posted so why not follow my link here and check out this week's challenge, Design Team makes as well as some pretty fab entries. This week's challenge is called DON'T SCRAP IT ....... use up those scraps of card ..... something I've been trying to do this past week - I MUST be psychic!

I also made some ATC's on Thursday but didn't get to photograph them until yesterday ...... didn't want to do a second post (trying to get out of the habit you see!) so here are the mini works of art (!?)

I photographed this outside in the hope the stickles would show up!

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • ATC sized white card on to which I scribbled stripes of water soluble wax crayons in: Light green, Magenta, yellow and violet before blending with a baby wipe
  • Kaisercraft mesh image inked in Color Box coral
  • Cloud9 blots (used this time, in conjunction with a Martha Stewart stamping plate) inked in Brilliance purple
  • Penny Black Iris image inked in Memento grape jelly
  • Crystal stickles to highlight

You can just about make out the sheen ...... but not the texture!

Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card cut to ATC size and circles of water soluble was crayon in the same colours as above plus orange and blended again with a baby wipe
  • I then mixed a little modeling paste and some iridescent medium on to my craft mat and dry brushed it all over, to give some texture and sheen.
  • Kaisercraft mesh image inked in Color Box coral
  • Inkadinkado larger ink blot inked in Brilliance purple
  • Hampton Art lady image inked in  Ranger archival jet black
I THOUGHT about highlighting her with crystal stickles but decided against it - what do you think? Was I right or wrong?

And then this last one .....


 Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Piece of white Bristol board cut to ATC size and the following Distress Inks blended: Weathered Wood, Faded jeans and Fired Brick
  • Inkadinkado wax drip image inked in Brilliance crimson
  • Inkadinkado ink blot inked in Brilliance purple
  • Inkadinkado crow image inked in Ranger Archival jet black
  • Deco Art one step crackle applied liberally over the Bristol board and left to dry/crack
  • I then glued the Bristol board to the ATC blank using Scotch quick dry glue before rubbing Black Soot Distress Ink in to the cracks

Hope you like my ATC's and sketchie card - and have a very Happy Saturday


8 comments:

Cherry said...

Kathy, wowser! You have been craft mad and loving' it -lol. Just gorgeous creations with so many techniques going on. I am in love with that last ATC - the crackle is fab and everything about it is perfect, colour, image, crackle and distressing. Hope Steve is on the mend. Have a good Saturday. We have sunshine so we are off for a walk. Catch you later. Hugs Cherry XxX

Debs M said...

gorgoeus card, love the monochrome!

fab atc's.....hmmm i would like to see her with stickles and the crackle stuff looks great x

Cheryl said...

oh wow Hun you have been busy these are all amazing love the colours and all the images,love the crackle too so effective hugs Cherylxx

scrappyjacky said...

Purple....now there's a real surprise. You've been very gainfully employed....some lovely projects.
We've been busy trying to find tiles we actually like!!!

catherine said...

Everything on here looks pretty fab, you have given a great sketch. Thanks for popping over to my other side and hope you'll like what I put up. have a nice weekend
x catherine

Katiejane said...

That's beautiful Kathy, I love the Stamping Bella image -it's so cute! I also think your last ATC (well they are all lovely) is brilliant -what a great effect.
Katie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! Looks like you've been on a heck of a crafty roll there Kathy. Lovely work. Lx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Super pictures . . . I love everything I see. Great monochrome card x