Monday, 6 May 2013

And another week begins with a Bank Holiday!

Morning and welcome to the May Day Bank Holiday - hoep the weather is nice where you are and that you have a splendid day planned.
 
Over on the Craftbubble forum's group Crafters Delights a new challenge has been set by Carol, for the month of May. She originally set the theme of BIRD HOUSES but said that it could be anything bird house related even if it was just the bird, the house, the nest, branches etc ..... I went with a slightly more Edgar Allan Poe-ish image and colour scheme for the ATC below - hope you like it Carol! .....
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Distress Stains smooshed over the blank: bundled sage and tumbled glass - allowed to dry overnight
  • Edges blended with Distress Inks: tea dye, frayed burlap and black soot - using a Tim Holtz blending tool
  • Inkadinkado image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • TPC Studio sentiment stamped using Memento tuxedo black
 
I'm also going to enter this on the Anything but a card blog where the challenge is "Anything goes" and an ATC.

Next was the challenge on the craftbubble group Card Makers and the challenge, set by Jackie, was PETS .......



Materials used:
  • 15cm square, white, 300gsm scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • 13.5 cm square of deep red pearlised DCWV metallic card
  • 13cm square of white card (Rymans smooth card)
  • Post its - to mask a random shape just slightly smaller than my planned image
  • Distress Inks: worn lipstick, barn door and fired brick applied to area masked off and  using a Tim Holtz blending tool
  • Close to  my Heart image stamped using Versamark onyx black ink

As is my usual habit these days, I also stamped this image on both the insert and envelope. It's such a delightful image ..... I've left a sentiment off as I think it could work for a number of occasions so will wait till the appropiate one crops up!, I'm thinking top left though - don't you think?

Several days last week we had such heavy rain ..... I took a real short video (it's only 5 seconds) but then forgot to post it so, here it is now - better late than never!!! Set your sound to ON!



Enjoy your Bank Holiday day off, however you spend it and I hope you don't have weather like in my video!.

8 comments:

Debs M said...

2 great makes Kathy and luckily the sun is shining! x

clare said...

fab ATC Kathy, love the mood it creates. x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Hi Kathy . . .really great ATC and card. I agree the card could work for a number of occasions.

We have . . . wait for it . . .SUNSHINE on a bank hol . . . whatever next!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

Brenda Brown said...

Love the ATC Kathy, great stamp and silhouette design.
Sorry I couldn't pick up the video on the iPad. We had a splash of rain yesterday but were on a brewery tour and missed it whilst drinking our beers lol.
Hugs Brenda xox

Lesley Thomas said...

Pretty cards Kathy, but you can keep that rain (or was it hail)?

catherine said...

Great pieces of work Kathy. Hope the rain has eased of.
x catherine

Natali said...

Hi Kathy,
Great cards-ATC.. I cannot do this style but I absolutely love it. You make it amazing!
Hugs,
Natali
(Did you received my candy you won?)

Katie Berberich said...

More of the "groove" what an awesome silhouette stamp, so girly and pretty.
Best of luck with the challenges.
Katie x