Friday, 3 May 2013

Welcome to the start of the weekend and the FRIDAY FUNNY

Morning all,

I'm away from my desk again this morning as I am at the Orlando Scrap and Stamp expo at the Gaylord Palms - check out the links. I hope to be back with some splendid new stash to share.
 
Busy day yesterday, hubby and I went off to Lakeland ....... he wanted to head to an air show at the Lakeland Linder airfield and I had a class at the mighty Violette's, courtesy of Diana. After the rain of Wedesday and with a dodgy forecast we weren't overly optimistic for the day but ...... I dropped him at the airport and headed off in to Lakeland where I visited Michaels followed by Joanns and HobbyLobby where I spent a little cash and got some goodies. Diana and her staff made me welcome - as always - and I bumped in to a lady from High Wycombe!!! I was sat net to a very nice lady who was enjoying her third class since her retirement - we shared a few laughs and a couple of crafting tips. Diana had prepared two projects for us to master, unfortunately, I don't think any of us managed to finish them both - I brought mine home with me to finish at my leisure! The lady from High Wycombe is planning to head to Newbury Artstamps show in July so maybe we'll run in to one another again!

One of the projects we worked on ..


My take on the project, finished at home

The second project, also finished at home, but coloured with distress markers
 
 
And the shopping? Well ..... what about this cool stamp set? And the bakers twine? it works out at 4p per yard - cool

Love the screaming "skeleton" image!


And now for the Friday Funny, this week courtesy of Marsha, apologies to anyone who may be offended by this but I thought it was funny and hope you will too.
 

 Irish Math Test

A Irishman wants a job, but the foreman won't hire him until he passes
a little math test.

Here is your first question, the foreman said. "Without using numbers,
represent the number 9."

"Without numbers?" The Irishman says? "Dat is easy." And proceeds to
draw three trees.

"What's this?" the boss asks.

"Have you ain't got no brain? Tree and tree plus tree makes 9" says the
Irishman.

"Fair enough," says the boss. "Here's your second question. Use the
same rules, but this time the number is 99."

The Irishman stares into space for a while, then picks up the picture
that he has just drawn and makes a smudge on each tree... "Ere you go."

The boss scratches his head and says, "How on earth do you get that to
represent 99?"

"Each of da trees is dirty now. So, it's dirty tree, and dirty tree,
plus dirty tree. Dat makes 99."

The boss is getting worried that he's going to actually have to hire
this Irishman, so he says, "All right, last question. Same rules again,
but represent the number 100."

The Irishman stares into space some more, then he picks up the picture
again and makes a little mark at the base of each tree and says, "Ere
you go. One hundred."
The boss looks at the attempt. "You must be nuts if you think that
represents a hundred!"

The Irishman leans forward and points to the marks at the base of each
tree and whispers, "A little dog come along and pooped by each tree.
So now you got dirty tree and a turd, dirty tree and a turd, and dirty
tree and a turd, which makes ONE HUNDRED!"

The Irishman is now head of Qantas!!!! BAZINGA!
 
 
Happy Friday, have a great weekend
 

7 comments:

Debs M said...

2 great makes there Kathy - love the sentiment on a tag, fab ff too! x

Sue Bridesmith said...

Love the stash and love the friday funny......
Hugs
Suzy B :-)
Xx

scrappyjacky said...

Sunflowers are my favourite....so love that card.

Brenda Brown said...

Great makes a ff, enjoy the weekend.
Hugs Brenda xox

Chris said...

Hi Kathy! Great cards and I'm still laughing at your FF!
Chris
x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wowser. What great stash you got and I love your makes. Sounds like you had a rip roaring time Your Purpleness. Lx

Lilian said...

Great cards you have made there Kathy, Love the friday Funny. Hugs
lilian