Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning folks,
 
Welcome to Wednesday from sunny Florida - as you might expect, it's starting out to be another lovely day ........... hot too!
 
Part of my crafting this time has been an attempt to use up off cuts, to use uninked images and to cut down on the stamped image pile I have ...... now that my norm is to stamp both the insert and envelope to match I find that I seldom use pre stamped images any more. None of them seem to have ended up on insert sized cards and I've often only stamped one anyway which means I couldn't do the insert, only the card. The best solution (as we crafters hate waste and they're mostly far too cute to throw away) was to turn some in to ATC's! Here are the results of my labours ...... I've mounted these images on ATC blanks because those alcohol markers DO bleed through to the back of the image panel - the more you blend the more it shows too!
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank and ATC sized image (acquired so long ago that I'm not sure but I THINK it's LOTV) I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm in error - please
  • Alcohol markers to colour and platinum stickles to highlight
  • A previously uninked Studiog circle image stamped in a Walmart own brand yellow ink
 
And another ATC ....
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank and ATC sized image (again I'm thinking LOTV but please correct me if I'm wrong)
  • Alcohol markers to colour
 
And finally ... another ATC ....
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank and ATC sized image (probably LOTV again but ......)
  • Alcohol markers to colour
 
Loving these new Spectrum Noirs - not sure if they bleed more (or less) than copics or PM's but I'll take a few home and do a comparison! Not being a painter it doesn't bother me that they have the bullet tips instead of brush tips and I DO LOVE the fact they're both refillable and cheaper too!
 
And now, being Wednesday, here is how my work desk started its day ...
 
 
 
I can promise you that it won't look like that in a day or so!!!
 
 
Have a fab Wednesday all

5 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

You HAVE been busy Kathy. Great colouring and good to have a review of the Spectrum Noir pens. Thanks for that.

Your "work desk" is looking mighty fine but jeepers! Where are you going to put all that stuff when you go home!??? Hope you've got a large shoe horn handy :oD

Lx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Hi Kathy . . . great idea to turn your pre-stamped images into ATCs. Love what you've made.

Happy WOYWW . . .I've joined in this week too . . . around No. 79!

Envious of your lovely weather . . . it's windy and rainy here although the sun has just peeped out!

Hugs
Sarn xxx

EmmGee said...

Very cold in Bristol today. I'm back in my winter PJs plus hot water bottle. Envy you the sunshine. EmG

Lesley Thomas said...

They are all gorgeous Kathy, your colouring is beautiful too. I have all the Speckies, and am now contemplating collecting the inks. I think I use the skin colours the most, so they will have to be first.

I hope your 'work desk' gets tidied before bedtime, LOL.

Katie Berberich said...

Gorgeous Kathy, your colouring is devine. I am an absolute fan of your co-ordinating inserts so this was a great idea.
Katie