Friday, 24 May 2013

And welcome to the start of another weekend ...... and, of course, the Friday Funny!

Hi there readers,

Morning has dawned and it's a dull, grey and VERY windy day here today - I hope some of you may have warmer and/or sunnier days where you are. I have a pal going to the Chelsea Flower Show today and am really hoping it doesn't rain on them and spoil their day.

I sent of my materials to my Isle of Skye trading card buddy yesterday and thought you might want to see what I made with my own collection of materials .... well, do you?


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Neon pink card run through my big shot inside a lizard skin embossing folder
  • Neon yellow and green card die cut using my Dienamics chevrons
  • Close to my Heart image stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and then cut out close
  • Close to my Heart sentiment stamped on the green chevron using Versafine onyx black ink

I often find myself wondering what Pam will make of them when she opens the envelope and sees her challenge. I know I often think "Oh My Gosh, what AM I going to do with this little lot?" when I open her envelope but the fact that we often send materials the recipient wouldn't necessarily choose to use themselves is what continues to make our swaps so much more interesting than simply opening and envelope and receiving an ATC, which is great, but this is more FUN! Well I think so anyway. GOOD LUCK PAM!


In case you can't remember what I sent yesterday!

And now, I guess some of you are curious about this week's Friday Funny? This week it's come courtesy of Marsha Tovar - thanks Marsha. It came to me in an e-mail entitled "Husband down in Aisle 5" - ENJOY

A husband and wife are shopping in their local supermarket. The husband picks up a case of Budweiser and puts it in their cart.


"What do you think you're doing?" asks the wife.


"They're on sale, only $10 for 24 cans" he replies.


"Put them back, we can't afford them" demands the wife, they carry on shopping.


A few aisles farther on, the woman picks up a $20 jar of face cream and puts it in the basket.


"What do you think you're doing?" asks the husband.


"It's my face cream. It makes me look beautiful," replies the wife.


Her husband retorts: "So does 24 cans of Budweiser and it's half the price."


That'll be him on Aisle 5 then!!!!   . . . . . . . .




It's my sister-in-law's birthday over the weekend so here are my best wishes to her for a great birthday - hope the card's arrived!

And don't forget that you still have 24 hours to enter the challenge over on the Hobbycutz blog and you don't even have to use a Hobbycutz die to enter!!

Have a great Friday and a fabulous weekend - hope to see you back real soon



3 comments:

Viv said...

Great card again Kathy and I loved your Friday funny too he he :) Viv xx

clare said...

brill fun Friday! great ATc and I am sure your pal from skye will enjoy her stash too. x

Lilian said...

Great ATC card Kathy. Love what you have done with it, The Friday funny it so funny. Hugs
lilian